Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pot hole the size of a small crater with a sprikle of snow has just destroyed one of my cherished italian MAK alloys and it was at very low speed.If the ********** idiots in council would spend the speed bump/mountain cash and use all that tar to make the roads flat GENIUS

EDINBURGH COUNCIL I F******* DESPISE YOU

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Appearing all over the place with the recent weather, so should be filled soon if they are bad enough. :rolleyes:

Its the government that decided to spend money on speed bumps which is nearly used up now, and there are seperate budgets for road maintenance which aren't big enough...... :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I killed a tyre on the Brera this morning in Uddingston. Hit a pothole the size of Arran and had an instant blowout. £140 to sort a new Goodyear. Thankfully the alloy was OK but I only got 3 months out that tyre which is annoying

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The roads in this country are a complete disgrace considering the amount we pay to use them in tax and fuel tax on tax on tax.........now got a bigger bill for 1 alloy repair and powder coated and 3 f***** tyres now.How are you meant to miss them when they are big craters on dual carriageways and traveling at double the speed limit (not all the time)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i live out in the country and the road i live down is really starting to fall apart big time, i have to swerve all over the road to miss them, some of them are about 3 to 4 inches deep, bloody uncomfortable driving my gta to work and home,
really annoyed cause got a windscreen full of stones from a passing car because the road is breaking up. it now got about 5 or 6 chips in my windscreen, well ****ed me off

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm American and can safely say UK roads are terrible, absolutely terrible in comparison. In New York, if there is utility work, 90% of the time they repave the whole section of the road affected, not just where they had to cut to replace. It’s amazing how many patches on top of patches there are in Edinburgh. In addition in New York (state not the city) winter is always like this and they are prepared for it. Pot holes are patched much much quicker and they plow the roads instead of spreading worthless grit around.

Sorry to vent so much, I do love Scotland, but you guys are totally right. In America the taxes for this sort of thing are way less, and you get way more for the money. It’s probably because they don't spend it all on tons of worthless day glow traffic barriers and speed camera. On the A702 near the Pentlands a drain blocked up on a blind bend and caused the road to flood whenever it rained. Naturally the council didn't fix it for months, but instead just put a sign up that said 'flood'. Big help guys.

R

·
0 Posts
You lot are lucky here in Lincolnshire if the road subsides they don't fix it they just lower the speed limit!!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You lot are lucky here in Lincolnshire if the road subsides they don't fix it they just lower the speed limit!!
Bloody spot on there, was going to type that myself!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i really p155ed off now, got out my car this mornin an noticed that my wings, bumper and bonnet are in a terrible state including the side skirts just in front of the rear wheels are stone chipped to hell, they weren't there on the weekend,
its the bl00dy road breaking up big time and my car is getting battered to death by millions of flying stones
f3cking great
it would not normally bother me having the odd chip but there are hundreds of chips all showing white and my car is red so it shows them all up easily arhhh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts