"We need to cut costs going forwards" :confused:

"Our business will grow going forwards" :confused:

"Going forwards we will reduce spending" :confused:

I'm with these guys

Going forward

V

·
0 Posts
The people who say this also cannot help using the word deliver in virtually every sentence - and it has nothing to do with mail by the way.

They should all be taken out and shot. Massacre on the golf course, that's what I say! :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Iraq, the ridiculous property spiral which has brought our economy to its knees - just for starters...

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Going headless, would be more apt, methinks !!!!!!........:rolleyes:

Actually, going NOWHERE is probably more near to the truth !!!!!!......:lol:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
we need to deliver robust solutions to market going forward

thank god i'm self employed and don't have to listen to all that corporate claptrap all day long :lol:
You know AL what they say about talking to yourself when you're going forwards:cheese::lol:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I hate this phrase, it winds me up no end. I can be listening to someone thinking, yes this fellow is speaking sense and then he comes away with it and I think "******".

Someone was on from the treasury last night commenting on the pre-budget report and he said the nation would have to cut spending "going forward".

How the heck could you cut it "going backwards"??? It's a complete waste of words - entirely superfluous to the subject.

It's just trendy corporate speak used by *******.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i think there is a game called bulls**t bingo where you keep a tally of all the corporate BS words that come out of a meeting, and see who spots the most! not sure if you need to shout 'house' in the middle of the meeting, but that could be funny :lol:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
i think there is a game called bulls**t bingo where you keep a tally of all the corporate BS words that come out of a meeting, and see who spots the most! not sure if you need to shout 'house' in the middle of the meeting, but that could be funny :lol:
:cheese::lol: Brilliant! Wouldn't you just love to shout "HOUSE" in a board meeting. If i'd had the bottle to do that 15 years ago I wouldn't be the burnt out nuthead I am now...

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I think people who use these meaningless phrases are the same people obsessed with proposing some action to "send a message"......I always find the easiest way to "send a message" is to b****y well say it!

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
buzzword bingo ROCKS. i did actually shout 'house' once, but in the pub after work rather than in a meeting. we were out with the star salesman of the co. i worked for at the time - frank 'baloney' maloney. my god, he could talk some crap

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
We had a boss at my old firm who would use jargon out of context as well as words like synergies,global,going forward,ballpark figures, centres of excellence,touching base, campus, type b******s . We were in a meeting one day and he was in full flow until the MD stopped him in his tracks and asked " Mark, I'm sure im not the only one sitting here that`s wondering what the **** your on about " ................................Classic :cheese: nothing like bursting their big brown bubble of bull**** !

·
Registered
854 Posts
Oh and another thing... service industries that insist on calling their services "products", they don`t make anything so it`s not been produced,so it`s not a bloody product !!!:cheese:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
We had a boss at my old firm who would use jargon out of context as well as words like synergies,global,going forward,ballpark figures, centres of excellence,touching base, campus, type b******s . We were in a meeting one day and he was in full flow until the MD stopped him in his tracks and asked " Mark, I'm sure im not the only one sitting here that`s wondering what the **** your on about " ................................Classic :cheese: nothing like bursting their big brown bubble of bull**** !
Perhaps he was just thinking outside the box for his delivery :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts