Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Here it is
Nice looking car, sorry I mean small suv. I guess it's a fiesta on steroids then... Which isn't a bad thing because I like the fiesta. I get the impression that the designers were being very careful not to stray too far from the beaten track. Lots of good features too and the dash looks great although it does remind me of Ford mondeo dash fo a 09 titanium that I owned. 👍

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
Here it is
I watched the video. It's based on the Fiesta.
yes it is but it’s got a different wider body and a wider track which allows it to have more shape in the side. This is particularly apparent at the base of the windscreen when compared to a Fiesta.
And an SUV is a car!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Indeed. ROFL.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here it is

yes it is but it’s got a different wider body and a wider track which allows it to have more shape in the side. This is particularly apparent at the base of the windscreen when compared to a Fiesta.
And an SUV is a car!
Apparently not........??

From Autotrader:

It's All About Platform
For many car experts, the difference between the two is simple: A crossover is based on a car's platform, while an SUV uses the chassis of a truck. The result is that crossovers use "unibody" architecture, meaning the body and frame are one piece, while SUVs use a "body on frame" design. In that case, the body is built separately from the frame and placed together later.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Apparently not........??

From Autotrader:

It's All About Platform
For many car experts, the difference between the two is simple: A crossover is based on a car's platform, while an SUV uses the chassis of a truck. The result is that crossovers use "unibody" architecture, meaning the body and frame are one piece, while SUVs use a "body on frame" design. In that case, the body is built separately from the frame and placed together later.
I think that's largely full size SUVs and, in particular, American ones, hence use of unibody not monocoque and frame, not chassis. I doubt many European 4x4 passenger cars, even full size ones, have a separate chassis. Even Land Rover are moving to ally monocoque designs. If you want a separate chassis in the UK, you're going to need a pick-up.

I always assumed that a crossover had the high ride height and tall body of a 4x4 but was FWD.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
A friend has just bought this.
I don't know what people call them - 'SUV'? 'Crossover'? A genuinely thought it was 'Taxi'.
He's very proud of it. Turns out it's rather quick.
Cupra Ateca.jpg

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
Cupra. I can’t believe there’s a third brand for this Skoda. A neighbour has one. I don’t think any of them has off-road capability so it’s an estate car with an extra inches ground clearance.

Update the Cupra is 4wd

Attachments

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I've not seen it in the metal yet. He's insisting on taking me out for a blast in it.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
If you lived in Sydney I’d take you for a run in my 4C rather than have you waste your time in that hulking tank;)😁
Haha, brilliant, I'd absolutely love that. I wish I was in Sydney! (y)

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
“Hulking tank”?
It’s about the same size as a Giulietta!
Maybe that’s why people buy them; they think they’re bigger than they really are?

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
Our neighbour inferred he’d considered a Stelvio instead of his Seat Ateca. He went for the Seat. It costing half the price may have steered him that way?

·
Registered
331 Posts
“Hulking tank”?
It’s about the same size as a Giulietta!
Maybe that’s why people buy them; they think they’re bigger than they really are?
You’ve not seen the back of a Corolla from the point of view of a 4C obviously. Everything looks like a hulking tank from inside a 4C. :oops:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Our neighbour inferred he’d considered a Stelvio instead of his Seat Ateca. He went for the Seat. It costing half the price may have steered him that way?
Alfa's sudden premium pricing strategy is part of their downfall.

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
The Stelvio is a class or two bigger than the Seat and in group tests it’s competitively priced against competitors of the same size. The Giulietta was premium priced when I got my first but the lack of updates saw the price stay the same and the spec grow.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts