Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the twitter responses to the new 1series and very few of them make it worth BMWs while. Why do they do it?

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I think this might be a BMW problem. I don't know how their stuff finds its way into my feed but it's all ridiculous and hideous. I get Jaguar stuff which is much more appealing.

·
Registered
32,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can take only so many references to bmw drivers not using indicators..

·
Registered
17,042 Posts
Social media enables brands to connect more directly with current or potential end users (and God knows why you’d want to inflict that wound on yourself). It also opens up the flood gates to the great unwashed (ditto)

I think life would be much more civilised if we could return to the times when an amusingly stern letter condemning a company like BMW was published - with no response at all from the editor - in CAR magazine.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Why do companies put anything on social media?

Because someone's been to a, like, you know, meeting, where everyone says brand leveraging, is like, about engaging with millenial As and Bs on, sort of... you know...

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
I think this might be a BMW problem. I don't know how their stuff finds its way into my feed but it's all ridiculous and hideous. I get Jaguar stuff which is much more appealing.
Does one have an XE or an XF? Not a poncey SuV I hope..? :D

The Younger Mrs S. "likes" XE since some flash Herbert she knoe gave her a lift to the town centre a few months ago. Now she's making noises that Gerrard, the household Stilo seems to be "getting on a bit".. and "probably needs to be retired.

She might have a point ... and Jags are famously the only car less reliable than an Alfa, so they do have some appeal, if Giulia's don't drop in value quick enough any time soon.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
No such thing as bad publicity.
It works like this:

BMW puts up an FB page, with the odd article about how the new 1-series is now exactly the same/dead-ringer for the old one but is available in a sexah new "Amore Red" paint option (£1750 extra).

Joe Punter, the regional sales manager for a photocopier sales company "Likes" the Amore Red post.

Joe Punter's mate, Fat Larry the builder, sees the "Like" and chimes in, saying the new 1-series "...has indicators. Does it really need them?"

Fat Larry's mates Stan and Lucy see Larry's post and click on the linky to BMW's post to read his, and the million other hilarious and negative comments.. but don't click anything.

ALL of Joe's, Larry's, Stan's and Lucy's FB FB Friends get BMW advertising sent to their FB feed. None of them know of, or go to the BMW FB page where 500 people have slagged off the original "Amore Red" 1-series post.

Ralf S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts