Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Having gone into my first MOT with a 1998 V6 and not knowing what would fail, I thought, could it be interesting to have a quick list of items that failed an MOT?

Could there be a common items that we all need to get checked before the MOT?

I will start.......nothing!

Steve

·
Registered
469 Posts
There's several classes of things here:
- The stupid stuff that we can easily check ourselves and which should really be 100% all the time (lights, wiper blades, windscreen chips, front brake pads, tyres)
- The stuff that we probably know is on the way out but we only want to go to the expense of fixing when it absolutely needs it (suspension knocks, handbrake)
- The stuff that we wouldn't be likely to have a clue was going and the MoT tells us (rear pads, front & rear discs, lambda sensor)

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
ermm dont know, haven't failed in three years of ownership :)

I'd say be very aware of any knocks and squeaks your car makes, and if they change at any point. I have found (In my huge experience of driving a total of 6 and a half years....and owning two cars in my life, but forgive me) that you get to know your car, what feels right, sounds right, and you know, you just know, when something is not quite right.

I know for a fact that if your front fogs dont work, but you cover them up either with insulation tape or fog lamp covers they will pass your car. it's handy if you dont have time to replace a bulb til after the MOT. if they are uncovered though they must be fully functional.

This isn't me being helpful at all is it? lmao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts