Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why do some musical artists insist on doing absolutely ****ing crap versions of decent songs that can't be improved in 99.9% of cases. I had nothing better to do than catch up on last nights X factor and who the hell let Leona Lewis murder that song! Oi Lewis No! :tut: go and write your own stuff :mad:

feel free to name and shame other so called musical artists P/Poor cover songs!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why oh why do some musical artists insist on doing absolutely ****ing crap versions of decent songs that can't be improved in 99.9% of cases. I had nothing better to do than catch up on last nights X factor and who the hell let Leona Lewis murder that song! Oi Lewis No! :tut: go and write your own stuff :mad:

I don't mind people singing other people's songs if they make a decent job of it and bring a new dimension to it. For instance, Johnny Cash's version of the very same song is possibly the most moving piece of music I've ever heard. The emotion in his voice is incredible and it gives the impression that he knew he didn't have long left.

I think the X-factor is the issue to be honest. Whatever they sing is going to be shite.

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
If we're talking Hurt, then I believe Cash's version was about his wife's death, rather than his own impending.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we're talking Hurt, then I believe Cash's version was about his wife's death, rather than his own impending.
I believe you may well be right but he only lasted another 4 months or so after she died.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I agree about **** Factor, and the end results were a ****ing farce! My god they couldn't sing that song, And now we'll be hearing it throughout Christmas.
I also think it's fixed as they always seem to have an Album written and ready for sale the next day. The industry is soo bloody corrupt with ****S like Simon Cowell, Has anyone ever seen his wardrobe on MTV cribs? He buys 7 of the same T-shirts and Jeans and then throws them, His whole wardrobe was T-shirts and Jeans, His hair is like a ****ing Bog Brush!
I think you can see I'm not a fan :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm still seething from Matt Cardle butchering a perfectly good Biffy song last year. I'm amazed sometimes that the artists responsible for the originals let them get away with it - but then I suppose it's a record company decision rather than anything else...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to agree the original version of the song is epic and well Johnny Cash's version is even better again. But as you say it's a bit of a joke that these really to be honest talentless people can just take a song that had meaning to it and just ruin it imo. I'd love to see all the parents of these kids that think it's a lovely fuzzy and warm song cos leona lewis is singing it and explain to them that it is about heroin addiction etc.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't believe she was allowed to by NIN. If I wrote that song I would have banned her from it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That soulless piece of human debris should be fed to my piranha fish.

Unfortunately the swear filter prevents me from saying what I really think.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I usually like Leona Lewis, but I have to agree that she murdered that song.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,407 Posts
Its all about making money for these people and if it means murdering a perfectly good song and offending a few old school purists along the way then so be it. After all, there will be more school kids buying it than older folk complaining therefore, job done. Money made, on to the next one

·
Registered
472 Posts
Why do people watch The X-Factor when they know full well whats coming? And then post on facebook and other places about how much they hate it and about how Rock n' Roll is dead and the contestants murdering songs blah blah blah

I despise of the X-factor, and for that reason, I dont watch it, I dont pay any attention to it whatsoever. If everyone did the same as me instead of watching it and moaning, then maybe, just maybe, it will go away and release its poisonous grip on the music industry.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I don't watch it and neither do my kids now (got bored of it).

If it was actually about real singing talent it would be watchable. Hate the hype, the over- scripted judges responses, the over-made up/dressed like cheap little hookers (and that's just the guys) contestants....ugggh!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts