Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:eek: :eek: :eek: Rich...I was sort of hoping for this thread to be lost
in the annals also (was a month or so ago now)...

...I've changed my mind since then and agree with Wrinx's point about
members not closing their own threads

...although...I have to say that all I meant was cutting them off
when a lot of other members started dragging/drawing them out...

...nothing churlish about the desire

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Sorry to prolong the pain Quinn. I Recently made a post that I wanted to stand out, with no clutter (term?) therefore I closed it immediatly. I think it's a good feature, no need to use it that often, and it's rarely used, but sometimes it's called for.

-- Hoygs

:rolleyes: Now lets see, is there a thread in this lounge I can reply to, to make this topic move down in the ranks, and let Quinn of the hook. Hmmm still searching :cheese: must find one, must find one, must find one :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
What about just finishing off by saying, "Now I don't want to hear anymore on this matter" and have a folded arms smilie?
:D
Bit like when your Mum used to tell you off?
:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Is this why Spiderman couldn't close his "botched" (anyone can make mistakes - I'm always at it :eek: ) attempts on the final thread on what AO's drive? Maybe :confused: I think perhaps the instigator of a thread should be allowed to close a thread unless someone asks a moderator to do otherwise - therefore requiring an individuals to state why the thread should continue (maybe a bit too much admin on the moderators part?). Deletion - is not a good idea unless of course its offensive in the moderators opinion (and perhaps others). If someone wants to discuss further to a thread that has been closed, they could always open up another anyway? No? There are plenty of repeated threads I have seen, and I haven't been here that long. Maybe I should keep my nose out it - but just a thought nonetheless.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Quinn said:
drop it Kurz ;) & Ricks

please :)
Okay - but its the first time I saw this category and actually I agreed with what you initally had said. Oh well, its my way (as in yours in this regard) or the highway - so its dropped ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts