Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people, my wife in particular, have such trouble taking off seatbelts.
Why do they have to leave them long and twisted, slam them against the door/window or worst of all shut them in the bloody door :mad:
Everytime in my 166 my wife will smack the seatbelt against the door/window, how :confused:
Five minutes ago in my 146 she shut it in the door then opened the door and bloody slamed it harder :mad:
I take mine off hold it and feed it back into the slot so it sits nice & safe ready for when I return.
Also why is it when I complain about it it's my bloody fault :mad::confused:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
My Missus is ok with seatbelts, however my mum does exactly the same as you describe.

Much to my dads annoyance.

She also often opens the door, and swings it open as far as it will go without looking to see if anything is in the way.

Does your Mrs have a Driving licence?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Its things like this that wind men up, and women just don't get it!
My kids do that but they are 6 & 8!
But a severe beating from the large stick should discourage them!

R

·
0 Posts
You have every sympathy from us GTV drivers. Both my door cards have seatbelt buckle holes punched in them and you can't find an undamaged one for love nor money. :(

M

·
0 Posts
It's just as bad when people are 'jabbing' the buckle about whilst trying to get it in the clasp.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i'm hearing you. my regular passenger does this too.
also she'll lean forward to see what's coming when we're at a junction, turning right. and lerch forward when i change gear. no matter how smoothly you do it.
my dad messes around with the air vents whenever he's a passenger in my car.

·
Registered
764 Posts
My missus doesn't do it, she always puts her belt back properly but then she is a bit strange. :lol:

She DOES do the leaning forward bit though to see if there's anything coming from her left, then says "CLEAR!" as long as there isn't another car this side of the horizon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
My GF is alright with the seatbelts, but she drives me up the wall by slamming the door shut every time. The doors are massive and very heavy (75kg each?), they don't need any help closing, believe me. But every time....

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
...and don't forget .... they never use the door handle to shut the door....always the window or paint work....and a nice set of handcream finger prints :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Not all us women are like that. Although my daughter slammed her seat belt into my car yesterday. I had a fit at her outside the school. Everyone looked at me like I was demented. Someone even dared comment it was an old alfa... I had to get in the car and drive off before I lost my temper. lol

·
Registered
26,082 Posts
...and don't forget .... they never use the door handle to shut the door....always the window or paint work....and a nice set of handcream finger prints :rolleyes:
That's the bit I can relate to :mad: :rant: :mad: no matter how often I tell her that ther's a handle and that it has its use.

Apart from that, she's fine though.
Have you considered part exchanging yours, K9d?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That's the bit I can relate to :mad: :rant: :mad: no matter how often I tell her that ther's a handle and that it has its use.

Apart from that, she's fine though.
Have you considered part exchanging yours, K9d?
Not sure I would get very much :lol:
It's like cars what I want and what I can attain are 2 different things :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh Yes!
We drive off down the road, rattle, rattle, scratch, scratch as she pokes around with the belt. DING! DING! DING! goes the car, "#[email protected]*ing thing" goes the wife!
And why is it that no cars belts are in the proper place for their boobs; it's either underneath, trapped around their neck or slicing them down the middle.
Not so bad on the 159 as the B-pillar is covered, but whenever she's been in the passenger seat of her Ka, the belt gets twisted when released and rattles on the pillar if the seat's unoccupied.
She actually got stuck in the belts of a new Fiesta and I had to break the housing to get her out. Ford's said it hadn't happened before! I wanted to hire her out for product testing, but would probably ended up getting sued.
"I don't think that shut" said sarkily after the door is slammed only results in a harder attempt, so I don't do that any more.
Wimmen!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
she'll lean forward to see what's coming when we're at a junction, turning right. and lerch forward when i change gear. no matter how smoothly you do it.
my dad messes around with the air vents whenever he's a passenger in my car.
My mum and my sister both do the jerking forward when changing gear, my mum does the check left at junction and my sister does the fiddling with things in the car....

I no longer take them anywhere in my car -problem solved :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
My mum and my sister both do the jerking forward when changing gear, my mum does the check left at junction and my sister does the fiddling with things in the car....

I no longer take them anywhere in my car -problem solved :D
My missus 'brakes' long before I do. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts