Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I like a good looking car - explains
why I've always had Italian (except for my first car, a mini). But why am I so obsessed
by the 147?

I keep wanting to go and look at it!
I walk past it in the staff car park some lunchtimes, just so I can have a shifty-looking peak. On other occasions I can't resist and I take it for a run round the block.

When I am driving it I wish I could see the front view from outside, because it looks so great.

I am even obsessed with keeping it clean.
I have had it 3 weeks and washed it 4 times already (twice in one day).

Is there such a thing as washing a car *too* often? How often do others here wash theirs?

Cheers
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lie back on ze couch, close your eyes und relax...vot you are feeling is entirely reasonable. Ze Alfa, ze object of your desire is a beautiful thing...you vont to pamper her und show her you luf her..zis is perfectly normal behafiour. Next time you are distressed, just imagine yourself on a beautiful country road viz sveeping bends und ze birds singing in ze trees...imagine yourself gliding effortlessly past helpless BMW drivers in their bland teutonic tin buckets..imagine yourself in control...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wash every week and wax every month.And embarassingly,wipe alloys down regularly

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think one of the advantages of Sterling Grey is not having to wash it much! It still looks clean when its dirty!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Mine is gray and i wash it once a week. I washed it 4 times last weekend cause it rained 3 times. I clean the engine department every 15 days. I never clean my room though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm..

Wash once a week

In 9 months, my 147 has been jacked up in all four corners, TWICE.

This was in order for me to remove each 17" SuperSport alloy and clean the inside of the rim.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heheh. I wash more often if the weather is nice, when it's raining for a week it gets so dirty anyway that it's no use. On average I'd say about once a week too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About once every two weeks cos I live in a flat and cannot be bothered to climb up and down 3 flights of stairs with a bucket of soapy, even if it is an Alfa.
Jacking what Stef, you dirty geezer, even if it is an Alfa?
The contents of this site sometimes...really.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once a week as long as its not raining, the jet wash comes out and then the hand wash, then the hand rinse, then the jet rinse, then the drying then the polishing, then the buffing, then 24 hours later the second polish and buffing and then 6 hours after that the super resin gloss, then the leather food, then the carpet cleaner and dust the interior and then the wheels come off and then the tyres are dressed and then the glass is cleaned and rainexed, inside and out. then its done. Doest matter what car it is, if I'm driving it it has to be perfect.

Yesterday I had my first stone chip. In 2 years of the SLK I never had a single large stone hit the windscreen. It took 4 days in the Alfa and it was big, left 3 impossible to remove marks on the screen. Bbastards!

Tonight I drove down the A45 to wellingborough and back to Junction 15 just for the laugh, and raced an A Class A-170 (actually they raced me for a while) but even in my not run in state they were no match for this baby. Now all those cynics at work have seen her, they LOVE it and offer begrudging admiration.

But i too sneak out and walk past it just to look at it and yesterday I too went out for a drive around the block at lunch. Mad!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Simon, I'm sure something was lost there in the English-to Enlish translation!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your all mad!!! You obviously MAKE time to spend this long cleaning your babies! I have not got time unfortunately! Do you treat your wives/girlfriends this well???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wash every weekend and wax every month. I do the same to the Mrs's Primera but twice as fast. It takes me about 4 hrs to clean the GTV just keep staring at it... hmmmm and remember the feeling I get when I drive it... Blow it I'm off on leave for a drive...

Drive Safe

Carmelo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Usually I do mine every 1-2 weeks. Hand wash, chamy dry, polish, super resin polish. Rain-X the windscreen, back-to-black on the black bits, wipe down the interior, dress the tyres etc etc. Spent about 4 hours on it before Auto Italia only to wake up on the Sunday to a 120 mile drive in the wet...DOH!!

Cheers,
Kenny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by tallpaul:[QB]Your all mad!!! You obviously MAKE time to spend this long cleaning your babies! I have not got time unfortunately! Do you treat your wives/girlfriends this well???
[/QB]
Yeah....if they're lucky, they get to have a drive in it!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I wash the 156 and Cloverleaf alternate weeks and wax them every two months. We seem to have flying elephants where we live so I can be seen nipping out at work to remove their droppings from my car. The people I work with don't really understand.

I used to have loads of time to take care of my car, religiously washing and waxing every weekend. But now I have four to look after (2 X1/9s in the garage) plus a house to decorate, gardens to tend and a business to run I don't have the time.

Still, these modern cars, they look after themselves don't they!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.