Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I am also a mechanical engineer with a passion for Alfa Romeo.
However, I am in PowerGen, so dont think this have much influence in my decision to go with AR.

Yes, love the exterior and the uniqueness of AR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love Alfa, I love Alfas since I was a little boy and I know exactly where it started.
Every time when me and my mom waited for the bus - being cold in the winter, hot in the summer or just perfect in the spring the bus will be late more often than not.
But next to the bus station was a bakery where my mom would buy me something every time, to help me being a little more patient, when my kid patience would go a little adrift... That was until I've started to notice something new making a presence next to the bus station from time to time. Maybe it was a weekend or maybe the owner was already home from work.
It was a car, but no ordinary car - the number plate was off centered, it had a shield on the front grille and a snake on the emblem, those things baffled me. Didn't found them instantly attractive, but it was different. And on a second glance I saw the interior...it was beautiful, it is the thing I remember most vividly.
It was a Alfa 156, not the quintessential cool alfa, red with a tan leather interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First Company car was a Fiat Bravo 1.8 HLX (lovely car, went pretty well, but would have preferred the 2.0 20v...)

Anyway, one day it was in for a service and I was given a 146 1.8 TS as a courtesy car

LOVED IT

Next vehicle was a 156 TS - sounded great, revved well and the higher the revs, the better it sounded

(at least, that’s the way I remember it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My reason/s?
Alfa Romeo Alfasud 1.5 Ti........
Only car I ever had feelings for!
My GT gives the same feeling.
Plus let’s face it who feels smug when every other car is a [email protected], bmw, aldi, merc etc and yes I meant to say aldi lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
The curious twin bent and flared exhaust pipes of Alfa Sprints and the sound they made caught my attention as a kid, but I didn't know I was looking at an Alfa. Many years later I crashed my first car and I was looking for a replacement - I sat in a hopelessly tired old Sprint while my cousin tried to start it up. As soon as it fired, I wanted nothing but a boxer Alfa.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
My father was a dealer. I used to stand in the workshop transfixed staring under the bonnet of boxers listening while a rev was held wondering why they make such a beautiful noise unlike everything else. Probably why I'm half deaf now. Driven to school in Suds, GTV's and Alfetta's, the interiors were even different. A knob to raise the headrest on a GTV was moon landing stuff to the 10 year old me. Fast forward to 2003, my first Alfa, a new 2.4 156 sportwagon. First common rail diesel production car, and the basis of every diesel engine sold today., invented by Fiat group. Still doing the job today as well as when new. 50 mpg, 190 bhp/295 lbft, 289,000 miles. Of course its like triggers broom, not much original left on her, but the engine is, and it is as strong as an ox, with the soul fully intact.
Its romance really with an Alfa. She has her flaws, some serious, but she is oh so beautiful and when she does her thing she makes you feel like the luckiest man alive, and you know you will struggle to leave her.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts