·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
60,232 Posts
Yikes! doesn't look good that's for sure :(

Did the airbag go off? apparently they are only good for the first 10 years.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No airbags on RHD cars. Doubt that would have helped though!

I'm bidding on the rear lights;)

·
Administrator
60,232 Posts
Ah I didn't know that, I'm expecting my airbags to be useless anyways.

I hope you get the rear lights :thumbs: I have one with a bit of a crack on the 94.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yikes! doesn't look good that's for sure :(

Did the airbag go off? apparently they are only good for the first 10 years.
Wouldn't expect the front bags to go off, they are only supposed to work in the direction of impact and the nose looks ok. Don't know about side bags in a roll, or even if it has them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looking at the damage to the driver's seat, and the lack of widscreen pillars, probably had to cut off to get the driver out, i doubt very much the driver was ok. Hopefully it just fell off a transporter, or was being towed, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
looks like this is the car the driver died in, up in yorkshire.

see the "break issue" thread.

always wondered how I would fair in my old spider in a roll over, guess I know the answer now.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yes very sad, it will certainly make me think how I drive my spider from now on

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
566 Posts
Tend to agree with Squadrone Rosso...all feels a bit wrong. I was tempted with some of the bits, interior & transmission but it has put me off. Its probably an age thing but driving my Spider at speed on motorways these days is something I avoid.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
This is the reason I'll never own a spider
Its made me think a bit too but then I was out on my bike (pedal variety) on Sunday and some half wit overtook me on a blind bend as another car came the other way. A few seconds difference and I would have been wearing part of his car whilst flying over the verge.
So I don't think we can take risk away from everything we do, we just need to be careful and make more allowances for other people than we might do in a more protective car.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I dont think I would be comfortable buying parts from a car someone has died in.

The salvage place selling it also has a Lancia Thema 8.32..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts