Alfa Romeo Forum banner

641 - 659 of 659 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Hi my name is Johann and I am an Alfaholic!

Always been told that ALFA's are bad and you should never drive one. Endless hassles ect... One day I was at a Fiat dealership, cause of an (now EX) girlfriend who bought a Fiat 500. Was in the market for a new car and asked just out of interest if I could test drive the GQV. As I turned the ignition, I fell in love instantly. Actually went back to the dealership two week later just to test drive it again. Make sure it wasn't a dream.

Now 2 years and 5 month later with my GQV (90 000km) I am still hooked. Don't get me wrong, I've had my little niggles here and there, but it has always been an exhilarating experience from point A to B.

I am a Data Storage Engineer for Hitachi Data Systems, currently on-site at Multichoice Randburg. Triathlons are my new favorite thing and competed in 3 full Ironman events.
:jester::thumbup:
Belated welcome! Hope your GQV is the start of a long love affair with Alfa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all and welcome to the new members. I myself am a new member. Name: Clayton, Surname: Alfa

I recently bought an 147 1.6 T-Spark and it has given me a lot of problems but the car is awesome, I love the sturdy feel and the uniqueness of it. Hence I found myself scanning and searching this forum for solutions.

I work in the digital marketing industry and live in Century City. I am glad I bought the Alfa and I see myself becoming a committed member of this forum.

Will update my profile data soonest.

Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Hi all and welcome to the new members. I myself am a new member. Name: Clayton, Surname: Alfa

I recently bought an 147 1.6 T-Spark and it has given me a lot of problems but the car is awesome, I love the sturdy feel and the uniqueness of it. Hence I found myself scanning and searching this forum for solutions.

I work in the digital marketing industry and live in Century City. I am glad I bought the Alfa and I see myself becoming a committed member of this forum.

Will update my profile data soonest.

Cheers :beer:
Welcome to the Alfa fold, Clayton!:xmas:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, my name is Jeandre. Just bought a GQV. Brilliant car, enjoying every moment with it thus far. Live in PTA and work in Centurion as an IT all rounder. Just started my love affair with Alfa can can already tell it's going to be a long one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, my name is Jeandre. Just bought a GQV. Brilliant car, enjoying every moment with it thus far. Live in PTA and work in Centurion as an IT all rounder. Just started my love affair with Alfa can can already tell it's going to be a long one.

Welcome Jeandre... Brilliant.. make sure you don't ignore the wifey or else all hell will break loose. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi Jeandre

Could you give us an update.... your impression of the car thus far.
I am eagerly waiting for the Veloce to be launched in SA (both from a affordability point of view and the need of a daily driver).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm Ndumiso and I'm an Alfaholic

Just got a GT 1.9 JustToDrive

Absolutely loving it... Already planning on getting an 80's GTV6 as a weekend car... I work with computers for a living and suck at mechanics so Alfa's doctors pm me please...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been a while since someone's posted on this thread, so here goes. It was that glorious rumbling sound of the free-revving V6 Busso engine that first got my attention, then the look of it. And then the Pininfarina design! GTV 3 litre 24 valve V6 became my "holy grail' car and I spent most of a year examining several around SA until I found exactly what I wanted in Cape Town. I've added Koni's, straight-through silicone air intake (for a slightly throatier roar), reMAPing, GTA rims. Most of these small tasks I enjoy doing myself and I do enjoy finding solutions. Last week, when I had difficulty locating an interior fan, I was able to use a blower from a recent Focus and by applying a shim around the armature case got a snug and secure fit into the GTV fan housing. Cost? Zero. Great success (cue the Borat voice)! Took her to 251 (that's GPS not speedo) on a quality, deserted road and I think there's a bit more.

I grew up dreaming of 'Suds but my budget wasn't the stuff of dreams. So I settled for a Hillman. Then came Mazda, Corolla, Ford XR3, XR6, Opel hatches, BMW's, the obligatory VW's, each of which I kept a few years and moved on. With my first Alfa, I was hooked, a beautiful and nippy 145. So much sportier, so much better handling, so much more stylish. Its no surprise that the 90's GTV has won many awards including Autocar's "Car of the Year" and "Best designed automobile in the World". My point is that I luuurve and keep my Alfa Romeos for many years.

In fact, at a time when seriously more expensive Italian marques became an option, GTV remained my dream "grail" car. Incidentally, although I am a virgin forum member, over the years I have frequently turned to various AR forums to be better informed and to find solutions, so many thank you's to all you clever peeps:vs_stars::vs_stars:.

Remember when 147 GTA's were ALWAYS klapping M3's and Audi's in Class A production car champs and would easily have won the champs if they hadn't missed so many races due to budget issues? Would love to see the new Giulia entered. Justin

·
Registered
6 Posts
1st but not last Alfa

Hi All
Im Mike, own a 2012 Giulietta Distinction 125kw.
She is my 1st Alfa, but not my last.
Been a dream of mine to own an Alfa since i was 19 years old when i drove a 1976 Spider.
29 years later i am driving my dream
Chef by trade, live and work in JHB, not that mechanically minded, but i know enough not to be a total idiot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All
Im Mike, own a 2012 Giulietta Distinction 125kw.
She is my 1st Alfa, but not my last.
Been a dream of mine to own an Alfa since i was 19 years old when i drove a 1976 Spider.
29 years later i am driving my dream
Chef by trade, live and work in JHB, not that mechanically minded, but i know enough not to be a total idiot.
Welcome Mike.
Any hope of getting a spider one day?

641 - 659 of 659 Posts