Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to replace a couple of tyres and want Sessantas . I know Jay was probably the first one on here to try them then I followed suit and put a pair on the front . They'll go on the rear now , as they've plenty of ' meat ' left on them and I'll fit new Sessantas up front again. I use 245x40x19 ---- so where's the best deal right now anyone ???

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried all over the web for these but now found that TYRE LEADER does the new VREDESTEIN ULTRAC VORTI for a lot less money , so ordered two 245x40x19 for £240 delivered . We'll see how good they are in the wet compared to their Sessantas .

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Rob,

How are your tyres wearing after having the powerflex treatment from Ned, Autolusso? How many miles do you think you are getting out of a set of fronts?

thanks

Jonny

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Rob,

How are your tyres wearing after having the powerflex treatment from Ned, Autolusso? How many miles do you think you are getting out of a set of fronts?

thanks

Jonny
The rears/Accelleras are just flush with the depth marker and have done over 22,000 miles , possibly still legal but my mot's due next month. The front/Sessantas have done 15,000 miles since Ned's bushes fitted and still 3mm's above the depth marker. So the front wheels can go to the rear with the Sessantas and the rears will go up front with the VORTI's fitted.
If I like them , then once the Sessantas at the rear are done , I'll have two more VORTI's . That's £480 plus fitting a full set . Considering the crazy price Accelleras are right now , I was tempted at £61 a peice !!! A bargain if not bothered about wet performance or intentions to drive accordingly/tight budget etc ---- two sets at my VORTI cost.

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
The rears/Accelleras are just flush with the depth marker and have done over 22,000 miles , possibly still legal but my mot's due next month. The front/Sessantas have done 15,000 miles since Ned's bushes fitted and still 3mm's above the depth marker. So the front wheels can go to the rear with the Sessantas and the rears will go up front with the VORTI's fitted.
If I like them , then once the Sessantas at the rear are done , I'll have two more VORTI's . That's £480 plus fitting a full set . Considering the crazy price Accelleras are right now , I was tempted at £61 a peice !!! A bargain if not bothered about wet performance or intentions to drive accordingly/tight budget etc ---- two sets at my VORTI cost.
15k is good for front tyres on a Ti :thumbs::thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In case anyone thinks paying over £200 for a tyre is the only route to really awesome grip ------------- I have to tell you that these VORTI's grip like a track tyre compared to the SESSANTA's that I previously put on the front. At £120 a piece delivered from TYRE LEADER , a stunning bargain . I could feel it straight away , even though new tyres are a little slippy till some miles are on them.
Don't ask me about wet grip though because there's been no wet since fitting them. The tread pattern looks as though water will easily move away though , the width/depth of the circumference channels is more than online photos would suggest.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,201 Posts
It will be interesting to see how these shape up although I'd be unlikely to move away from the Uniroyal RS 3's which are better rated (C&A as opposed to E&B) and cheaper at £113 from Camskill.

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
I am most interested in the wear.... Grippy often indicates a soft compound which will wear quickly. The research I did into the Vorti's when they first cam out showed they had great reviews but they were to new to have decent wear information. They are pitched as a "supercar" tyre so its not a surprise about the grip.

For me, I need the balance between grip and wear. I need to get 18-20K out of a set of 4 and I get that consistently (over the last 3 sets), despite the many mods to my car with the Sessanta's.

If the wear pans out with the vorti's I will probably give them a go as I was keen on them from the off and have a lot of respect for the quality of the Vredestein brand.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've just ordered 2 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti too. I've had Pirelli on the 159 and 147 and haven't rated them on either car. I've not had Vredestein before though so I'm hoping for better :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VORTI 's

I've just ordered 2 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti too. I've had Pirelli on the 159 and 147 and haven't rated them on either car. I've not had Vredestein before though so I'm hoping for better :thumbup:
Not sure which size wheels you've got on your 159 but mine are 19's --- tyre pressures monitored to ' fast or heavy load ' spec in the manual give best grip. I check mine every two weeks minimum. I set them at 41 f 38 r then up a bit when towing the race trailer at 43f 40r.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts