Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Who's is this?

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Numen 
#1 ·
#2 ·
MasonGTA ?

#6 ·
hhhhmmmmm. We must stop assuming that every Alfa that's taken well care of are people on the forum lol.

#8 ·
This is resoundingly true - the forum is a small percentage of Alfa Owners out there - I think about 10% of the club members are on here (ok there are a lot of non-members here too) and then combined we might make out about 10% of all owners - I personally know a substantial amount of Alfa owners that are not affiliated to any club / forum - and they care a lot for their cars

#12 ·
I still got mine:thumbs: Jaxx's has a black one. I am actually not sure who this is, but have an idea. I think I spoke to the owner before when he was doing the diff.

Just out of interest, the cars that have the tan leather inserts where standard option. The all black seats had to be ordered like that.

Looks like a nice car though. Worth the money IMO

#20 · (Edited)
Just went to have a look at this car. Here is what I think if anyone else might be interested:

The car has been standing and not driven for a while. Did not have a battery fitted, so owner took one from one of his other cars.

Exterior:
Paintwork seems to be in fair condition with no obvious indication of any accidents. Front bumper was resprayed due to scratches etc. which seems fair enough. Left rear quarter panel was also resprayed. The owner only mentioned this after I queried some peeling paint in the groove where the window fits into. Apparently that panel was resprayed after someone keyed it.

The wheels are in bad shaped, all of them are kerbed. Tyres are bad, don't even recognise the brand. So will need replacing.

The wipers are missing from the car. Owner says he will refit them as his kid broke them off or something.

The right front headlight cleaner/spray nozzle cover is missing.

There is a small dent in the bootlid.

There is a chip on the windscreen which does not look like it can be repaired.

Interior
The front leather seats are not in the best shape and a worn. The rear seats are in good condition.

Some of the speaker grills in the rear are missing.

The passenger airbag cover has come loose. Owner could not explain why and showed me the broken clips. He went to Centurion Alfa this morning to get new ones but realised that they had closed down.

In general is was fairly dirty.

Mechanical
No engine warning lights, but the odometer is flashing?

Engine started quickly first time, but smoked white for a while.

Car goes like a rocket though and the engine sounds and drives great! Does have a very loud vibration when you really cane it, don't know if it was the exhaust vibrating or something loose in the car.

The clutch seems heavy, so will probably need replacement soon.

Service History
Car was serviced about 5000km ago at GT Motors in Pretoria CBD? This was a full cambelt service and brake pads were also replaced. Owner said he has the invoices but I didn't check. Before this the car was apparently serviced by Oom Dawie.

I think the price is very steep for a car in this condition. Chatz sold Master Paul's old GTA for R160k and that car was in excellent condition all round. What do you reckon it would cost to sort all this out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.