Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hatching a plan to drive way up North (by my standards) to National Alfa Day, in order to see some 105's in the flesh and also to pick up an engine from Mr Dunamis.

Interested to know who from the Classic Alfa section of the forum is going and also what car(s) they are going to take along?

All the best, Tom

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Sadly I can't make this one. I don't believe the 105 Series registra is organising parking this year either (but that may change if someone steps up).

·
Registered
24,538 Posts
We'll be going Tom. Like you, to enjoy the day and look at some 105 details.

Probably be in MrsJim's Mito.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, ticket bought.

Will you talk to me if I take the Alfetta though ;-)

I've never been before, what do people do about meeting up?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Will be there with the famalam, I'll be in the green machine and Mrs GB in the Mito.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Unlikely as a 5 hour drone up and down the M5/6 doesn't appeal that much, shame but its a busy year for shows anyway so you cant do them all

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Fathers day? theres quite a few classic car events on the 21st.... some are really good which include loads of stuff for the kids... does the national alfa day have kid stuff?
Yep, Father's Day, my parents are tagging along too. So, my kids will be with their dad, I'll be with mine too.
Only about an hour from home, stately home, nice gardens, nice cars, picnic and hopefully good weather.
Not sure what kiddie stuff there is, but mine are 12&16 so a bit past the adventure playground requirements etc

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
8,015 Posts
Sorry, wont be there, already had several trips up north this year, anymore and I'll start talking like one. :wink_org:

Reactions: Squadrone Rosso

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
We'll be there in a white Alfetta GTV with a tricolore stripe running over it

·
Registered
50 Posts
We'll be there in a white Alfetta GTV with a tricolore stripe running over it
I saw your Alfetta - it looked to be in great condition. Only a few early Alfetta GTVs there. Overall I was a bit disappointed there weren't more stalls - seemed a lot less than last time I was there. Some lovely cars on display and I mainly went to photograph engine bays of Bertone GTVs so I can work out where everything should be on my restoration.

This was the star of the show for me
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Classic car

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I saw your Alfetta - it looked to be in great condition. Only a few early Alfetta GTVs there. Overall I was a bit disappointed there weren't more stalls - seemed a lot less than last time I was there. Some lovely cars on display and I mainly went to photograph engine bays of Bertone GTVs so I can work out where everything should be on my restoration.

This was the star of the show for me
View attachment 522218
thanks and yes it was good to see some others there too.

I agree about the lack of stalls, the website promised Italian food and themed stalls but one coffee/snack van and a mister whippy ice cream van fell a little short of this. I'd also liked to have had parts stalls so I could of had a good rummage.

That aside it was a really nice event and great to see so many cars there.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
eBay has pretty much killed off autojumbles.

Why would a trader lug a load of used parts half way around the Country when they can easily be sold to a much wider market from the comfort of their own homes?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
eBay has pretty much killed off autojumbles.

Why would a trader lug a load of used parts half way around the Country when they can easily be sold to a much wider market from the comfort of their own homes?
fair enough but maybe you should tell the folks at beaulieu autojumble and many other different car club meets across the country that they're doing it wrong?

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I must admit I am intrigued as to why main players in the Alfa scene like Classic Alfa, Alfaholics and EB Spares etc do not attend with a selection of their wares or even have a promotional stand. Is it because it is too expensive? Or is it just not worth it for them? I always thought that attendees would be likely to spend their hard earned cash at an event like this so I think it is an opportunity missed. Does the site owner have strict rules on who can and cannot attend? What is the reason why there are so few retail and Alfa interest stalls?

Also when SpAD was at Gawsworth we had that rather good Italian Deli from Congleton there selling oils etc I was rather hoping they would be there and was quite disappointed that they weren't. As somebody has already mentioned a pizza stall and a Mr Whippy does not really constitute Italian themed stalls.

Please do not get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the day but I think that ''the enemy of the better is the good''.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.