Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know there is a special MP3 player called a loud link that will work with the 166's ICS

Link here.

Loudlink for Alfa Romeo 166 [LLK-266S] - 168.00EUR : Loudlink Webshop - The source of the new generation CD changers / Solid State Car Mp3 players

the bad news is it costs 168 euros

I was wondering if we said we where going to order a lots of these little gadgets they would helpfully offer a (substantial) discount?

Just reply to the thread if you would be interested in buying a loud link so I can get a vague idea of numbers.

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Stu,

i would be interested in buying 2 units, for me and a freind with a 166. i would like the Loudlink which would allow me to use my Ipod directly with it ( i think it has the AUX in function!).

Cheers....K

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stuart, perhaps we can start a joint effort. On the Dutch 166 site I volunteered as contact for 166 owners interested in Loudlink in the Netherlands.

Inkoopaktie Loudlink in UK ~ at Runboard.com
This sounds like a plan. One of us will need to contact Loud link and see what discounts they are willing to give us?

HAve you ever done this sort of thing before?

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Loudlink

Hi Stu,

i would be interested in buying , for me with a 166. i would like the Loudlink which would allow me to use my Ipod directly with it ( i think it has the AUX in function!)

saddy.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Saddy

Two points. As far as I can see the 166 will not be able to control the Ipod through the loud link it will simply play what the ipod is playing. so in that case you might as well leave the back cord plugged into the loudlink and plug the 166's stero cables directly into the Ipod and keep your money!

The second point is its been 24 hours since I email Loud link and I haven't had any response so they may not be willing to give us discount! :(

Stuart

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
if the loudlink controlled ipods i'd defo get one....rogier or sanderman teased us with a V2 dongle that they were working on that could do the ipod controls but i don't think they could get it working properly :(

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Right so I've just had an e-mail from loud link

"Hello Stuart,

thank You for Your email!
(sorry for the delayed answare)

We can give:
10% discount case of 10pcs
15% discount case of 20pcs

Best Regards,
Arnold"

Which's makes a loud link 151.20 euros. Which with TODAYS currency exchange it each loud link will cost £128.26
So what do people think? From my point of view its going to be a massive effort just to save £14.44!

Should we try and push for more discount? or just leave it?

Cheers Stuart

P.S. klaasw Can you translate whats going on in that thread for me. It looks like its gone off topic! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
As usual the whole thing ends up in technical discussions about bit rates etc. I have asked the final question: Should we proceed and if no, what's a better discount to negociate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Stuart, NL has 3 orders for a Loudlink but the discount Loudlink offers is considered as disappointing. As a last effort can you add up the UK order to the Dutch one and go for a 20% discount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts