Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well then:confused:

Personally I hope it Mass but I would not be disappointed if Lewis got it:D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Personally I hope it is Hamilton...

...but whoever wins will be giving the trophy back to it's rightful (Spanish) owner next season. :lol: :p :p :p :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hope and think Hamilton. He had his dodgy race in Japan and China hopefully showed he's learnt.

Reckon Massa will win the race itself though.

Off to watch the qualifying now....

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Hamilton.

But I hope there is no real racing involving Mclaren and Ferrari......

'cause if there is...... Ferrari will win after the chequered flag is put away till next season.

Let's go back to when the only overtaking was in the pits...... it's so much easier.

You may guess ........ that I wont be watching it....

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hamilton should have it in the bag this season. If Ferrari win again this will raise serious questions for me and I may decide never to watch again.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I really really hope Hamilton takes it this year, anything from a 5th placed finish and it's his. As said above, if some kind of penalty befalls Hamiltin that is extrememly questionable (as has happened before) I will seriously begin to quesion the integrity or Formula 1 and the Ferrari International Assistance

H

·
0 Posts
I will seriously begin to quesion the integrity or Formula 1
I've seen too many championship battles go down to the last race under dodgy circumstances to think otherwise.

In the 90's it seemed to go down to the wire every year, and the final straw for me was 1997, when in the final race of the year, Frentzen and title contenders Schumacher and Villeneuve all qualified with exactly the same time, to the thousandth of a second. Now call me cynical, but to this day I don't believe that is possible, for even 2 guys to match times is amazing enough, but 3 guys to match pole position time? And for 2 of them to be the title contenders? As close to impossible as you'll get.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I've seen too many championship battles go down to the last race under dodgy circumstances to think otherwise.

In the 90's it seemed to go down to the wire every year, and the final straw for me was 1997, when in the final race of the year, Frentzen and title contenders Schumacher and Villeneuve all qualified with exactly the same time, to the thousandth of a second. Now call me cynical, but to this day I don't believe that is possible, for even 2 guys to match times is amazing enough, but 3 guys to match pole position time? And for 2 of them to be the title contenders? As close to impossible as you'll get.
Agreed. Remember that 'coincidence' very well.

A

·
0 Posts
I have actually voted for Massa having watched qualifying and seen that both Ferraris are in front of Hamilton and that Alonso is immediately behind him on the grid.

They are all going to try and screw up his race, and I think they will succeed somehow. I do hope I am wrong. Lewis deserves the crown, Massa almost deserves it, but yes if Ferrari get it again its looking like another stitch up. I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.

I've lost respect for Alonso as a person. He can drive though.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.
That bit really annoyed me. You know if it was aimed for another driver, it would be investigated.

AlfaLincs
He can drive me up the wall with the grudge that he stupidly keeps against McLaren. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I think the odds are good for Hammy to win it this time and he seems altogether a more stable individual this season too. It would be great if he won it, but i take nothing away from Massa who is himself a fantastic driver and would be happy for him to walk away champion as well. Of course, all this depends on his getaway tomorrow and from starting in 4th along side a Ferrari i hope he can calm that red mist of his and let him go through rather than risk being taken out of the fight. His team mate needs to do his job and protect Hammy from Alonso for the first few laps. If he can do that then Hammilton is only racing himself tomorrow. A 5th or better will do it for him. He just has to let the others get on with their race and stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hmailto will do what he does best

Fail under pressure..

Oh and get tapped by Alonso in the first corner :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.

AlfaLincs

Alonso is very vocal, and so are probably a Billion other people. How full will the jails be if they arrested everyone who said "I'll Bloody kill him"...

As for holding up Hammy, I am sure he will, alongside with the rest of the F1 Mafia..... (Trulli)

A

·
0 Posts
I would rather Lewis wins it but if Massa wins fair and square with no dodgy business I wouldn't be unhappy. Seeing Massa on ITV today was a bit of insight into what a nice guy and great driver he is. He started as a kid and had a struggle to make it because of limited finances just as some of the other great drivers did. He seems to me like a someone would rather lose than be unfairly helped.
God save us from any of the last race cheat debacles of the past, the sport can't stand it.

·
Registered
37,996 Posts
I hope Lewis Wins. he would have done it already if it wasn't for the stewards dodgy decisions.

I do think Massa deserves it in a way as he has driven a great season and at time made Kimi look second rate on many occasions.

Shame there can't be two winners. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I voted for Lewis, but as has been said, lets hope it's a fair race and the best driver wins

1 - 20 of 73 Posts