Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else detail their car using clay bar ? tried it for the first time this week , awesome stuff , impressive results too:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Claying is really good :thumbs:

Gets rid of all the small bits of carp you might not even be able to see.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have used the meguiars clay kit for some years on various cars. tend to give the car a good once over every year, at around this time, to make it look nice and shiney for the summer.

Take me about 4 hours in total to do, before I even start on the inside.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've just ordered the Bilt Hamber clay bar with some other bits from their website. Their clay bar only needs water as lubricant, not a special detailer, and it's come top of the Auto Express group tests 2 years running....hopefully it's still as good!

Auto Express Group Test 2013

·
Registered
488 Posts
Clay bar treatment is essential for a good finish but will invariably introduce some marring to the paint, easily rectified if you know what you're doing

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
You can use any lubricant for clay like water or detergent or what ever. But it is recommended that you wash the car with detergent after claying

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I use the Auto Glym kit, great results. Paint feels so much smoother afterwards.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the meguiars paint restoration kit last week, had good results. The included bar is only 25 grams though, so it's quite fiddly to use. The gold class wash, cutting compound and wax included are great.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
.....Clay bar. Clay bar. Clay bar! :thumbs:

It very therapeutic and that glassy feel once you've finished a panel
will have you eager to finish the whole car.

;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've just clayed for the first time (picked my car up on Thursday)! Paintwork feels great to touch, but optically I've not noticed much different tbh.
Maybe I did something wrong :rolleyes:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've just clayed for the first time (picked my car up on Thursday)! Paintwork feels great to touch, but optically I've not noticed much different tbh.
Maybe I did something wrong :rolleyes:
claying only takes the contaminents out of the paint pal , so if the car is already v.shiney , your not likely to see a massive difference to the eye but in the long run , less crasp will stick to the car after claying rather than just polish alone

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can use any lubricant for clay like water or detergent or what ever. But it is recommended that you wash the car with detergent after claying
Didn't know that. I just waxed. Car needs a wash then a wax then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts