Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I timed it at 7.64 seconds. What did you get ? :thumbup:
That's different from me, I time at 6,9/7,0 seconds. But keep in mind that it is on a wet road, and compared to the QV, you have to change gear 1 extra time(!). Also my speedo is exactly correct.
Acceleration should be the same in a drag.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow, impressive acceleration from the multi air! What does a stage 3 upgrade encompass?

From your vid, it looks like you are getting close to 7 second 0-100km/hr times? Wonder what the stage 3 upgrade can to past 100km/hr?

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's different from me, I time at 6,9/7,0 seconds. But keep in mind that it is on a wet road, and compared to the QV, you have to change gear 1 more time(!). Also my speedo is exactly correct.
Pretty impressive, is it a TCT? (EDIT.....of course it is!!)

It's difficult timing something like that, I'm probably a mile out.

What bhp has it got?

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's different from me, I time at 6,9/7,0 seconds. But keep in mind that it is on a wet road, and compared to the QV, you have to change gear 1 more time(!). Also my speedo is exactly correct.
How about against a QV TCT? It is supposed to be able to do 6 seconds flat with launch control.

Are the 1st and 2nd gear on the 1.4 multi air taller than the QV?

·
Registered
339 Posts
How about against a QV TCT? It is supposed to be able to do 6 seconds flat with launch control.

Mazor, have you given your new G much throttle yet or are you still running in? Mine hasn't had full power yet but I keep trying her out every now and again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, my car is a manual, so no TCT here! It is difficult to film, change gears and steer :D
The power output is unknown. Yesterday my car would be on a dyno, but there was to little time sadly. In the next month I will try to arrange another dyno test. I really, really don't dare to give any BHP/Output figures. I know that a Abarth Punto Evo (same engine) with only a full 63,5mm exhaust and bigger intercooler compared to my car, run 228,4 HP:

I call it stage 3 to get an impression of the number of mods, but stages are always to be discussed. Anyway, at my car it is, air inlet, exhaust, downpipe and software.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mazor, have you given your new G much throttle yet or are you still running in? Mine hasn't had full power yet but I keep trying her out every now and again.
yes occasionally (once every 2-3 days :) ) I have given it full throttle on 2nd gear, and everytime it gives me a bit of tunnel vision! It is like the car is demure at low revs, lively mid revs, and at high revs full throttle, it goes crazy. Have to have good concentration when using max throttle for sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The acceleration of a QV 241HP TCT with launch control is unbeateble. But the gear ratio's of a QV a longer. It only have to shift 1 time to get to 100km/ph. My multiair needs 2 upshifts. That takes time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yes occasionally (once every 2-3 days :) ) I have given it full throttle on 2nd gear, and everytime it gives me a bit of tunnel vision! It is like the car is demure at low revs, lively mid revs, and at high revs full throttle, it goes crazy. Have to have good concentration when using max throttle for sure.
Yes the Veloce seems to have endless power through the gears, I took my dad out (70 yrs old) and I think I scared him a little. I've done around 500 miles now so should be well bedded in by now.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The acceleration of a QV 241HP TCT with launch control is unbeateble. But the gear ratio's of a QV a longer. It only have to shift 1 time to get to 100km/ph. My multiair needs 2 upshifts. That takes time.
I think the TCT can save half a second or so on the 0-60 .

·
Registered
224 Posts
So are you saying your multi air only needs two shifts to reach 100km/hr thanks to higher set rev limiter or did you install an after market gearbox?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes the Veloce seems to have endless power through the gears, I took my dad out (70 yrs old) and I think I scared him a little. I've done around 500 miles now so should be well bedded in by now.
Need to find an open road to really test out more full throttle through the gears. In the city limits, 2nd gear bursts is the only option at the moment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are you saying your multi air only needs two shifts to reach 100km/hr thanks to higher set rev limiter or did you install an after market gearbox?
A standard Giulietta Multiair needs to upshift at 90km/ph, which is about 6000RPM. I change gear at 95/100km/ph which is around 6300RPM. Because my rev limiter is put higher I can change gears later. But still I need to do 2 upshifts to get to 100km/ph.
A standard Giulietta QV changes from 2 to 3 at 100/105 km/ph. Not because is can rev higher, but because of the different gearbox ratio's. Thats why the QV can set a very good 6.0sec 0-100 time. Despite my car may be just as fast, I will never reach 6.0sec, because I need 2 upshifts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ah sorry I misunderstood your earlier posts. Was considering chipping my GQV TCT, but with all the talk that the TCT dry clutches may not handle any additional torque has made me hesitant. I have had experience with shortened clutch life from overdoing the torque when I had a 147 JTDm

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ah sorry I misunderstood your earlier posts. Was considering chipping my GQV TCT, but with all the talk that the TCT dry clutches may not handle any additional torque has made me hesitant. I have had experience with shortened clutch life from overdoing the torque when I had a 147 JTDm
If you don't exceed more then 390nm there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
339 Posts
A standard Giulietta Multiair needs to upshift at 90km/ph, which is about 6000RPM. I change gear at 95/100km/ph which is around 6300RPM. Because my rev limiter is put higher I can change gears later. But still I need to do 2 upshifts to get to 100km/ph.
A standard Giulietta QV changes from 2 to 3 at 100/105 km/ph. Not because is can rev higher, but because of the different gearbox ratio's. Thats why the QV can set a very good 6.0sec 0-100 time. Despite my car may be just as fast, I will never reach 6.0sec, because I need 2 upshifts.
What would happen on a 0-55 mph drag race, do you think you would equal a QV ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Need to find an open road to really test out more full throttle through the gears. In the city limits, 2nd gear bursts is the only option at the moment.
I like watching this test drive of the new Veloce around a track, you get the speed and noise, notice how the first bend he has no fear just ploughs straight into the skid.

It's in Italian though but you get the drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNKF-1ts5w

1 - 20 of 65 Posts