N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did. :mad:

Some old fool in the middle lane pulled out and almost
side slammed me.

Braked pretty hard and the wheels locked and ABS/VDC
kicked in as the car shimmied a bit on the greasy surface.

My passenger was amazed we didn't die.

The old fool was completely unrepentant and had to
endure a tirade of passenger-emitted abuse when we
passed him.

:rant:

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
...and breath ;)

glad you're hear to tell the tale Nev :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Nev I should not drive when im tired, it wont happen again :eek:

:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Sorry Nev I should not drive when im tired, it wont happen again :eek:

:lol:
:lol::lol:

... although personally in this case I blame the impatient foreign driver :p

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
He was probably shouting "bloody French":lol:

The 159 is seriously impressive during severe evasive manoeuvres as both Clare & I can testify following two near misses on the M40 in November!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Sounds a bit hairy but not as bad as my incident on the A40 the other night. Just setting off back up to Chester from London and a Grand Cherokee was determined to push in at the last possible opportunity as his lane was blocked by an accident. I wasn't really too impressed by this especially as I'd been letting people merge in turn for the last hundred yards and been forced to give way to a couple more idiots before him, so didn't really give him too much space to get in in front of me.

He forced his way in though and then crawled along in front of me, and as I overtook and pulled back in in front of him he switched his main beams on :rolleyes:

The Jeep driver then went to overtake me, to which I offered a certain gesture (was probably getting too wound up by this point), only to have him try to deliberately sideswipe my car as he switched from the outside lane to the exit on the left with very little space.

Had to slam the brakes on and move half way across to the inside lane to avoid this idiot wiping out the front of my car.

Worst incident of road rage I've ever seen and it got me pretty bloody mad to say the least :mad:

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
I was in town today with my daughter and driving home someone drove right into the backside of my Spider!:eek::tut::confused: Upon pulling to the side of the road this man steps from his car and comes upon me very aggressively saying i had braked and that was why he drove into me!!!!!!?:confused::tut:
I said calmly too him that he had driven into me and he told me that there was no damage to my car. I asked if he knew about Alfa's and he told me of course he did as he was a Ford Car sales man!:rolleyes: At this point i was starting to get annoyed, i asked him for his insurance details and he refused and said that he wanted the Police, i said please do! Anyways, Constable Blair was on the phone apparently? and told me that he did not have to give me any details! all he had to give me was his car reg. I was abit taken aback by this and decided that this could not be true and asked which Police station he was from and what his Service No was. I was then told he did not have to provide me these details as his name and police station were enough!:confused:
At this point alarm bells where ringing and i saw a Police car approach and waved the car down. I explained the circumstances to the officers and asked them which station they were from and coincidentally they happened to be from the same station as Constable Blair. I asked as too who this constable Blair was? None of them knew of him!?
So, breath tests taken and i was clean yet, guess what? He wasn't!
After an Hour or so stuck at side of the road, and with my daughter a Type 1 Diabetic, the officer sent me on my way and arrested the other driver, i felt sorry for his wife & kids and would have let the incident go if he had attempted to be civil. Anyways, i got home and spent an hour on the phone to my insurance company who, as soon as they realised it was not my fault were desperate for me to speak with their legal dept as regards personal injury:eek::rant: I told the lady that i had not suffered injury and nor had my daughter and simply wanted the rear bumper repaired. I have now been told to wait until the morning and go and see my doctor after repeated prompting as to whether i had any neck stiffness or if my daughter had!
I told the legal rep that i did not wish to make any personal injury claim as the accident did not warrant one in my opinion. Still she persisted:rolleyes:
My only conclusion is the insurance industry is its own worst enemy and the only people who are paying for this is we the Insurance paying public, the system stinks!:rant:

ER.

PS: Suppose i should have my own thread for this.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I was in town today with my daughter and driving home someone drove right into the backside of my Spider!:eek::tut::confused: Upon pulling to the side of the road this man steps from his car and comes upon me very aggressively saying i had braked and that was why he drove into me!!!!!!?:confused::tut:
He drove into you because you braked :confused:

If it wasn't real it would be laughable .

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and i saw a Police car approach and waved the car down. I explained the circumstances to the officers and asked them which station they were from and coincidentally they happened to be from the same station as Constable Blair. I asked as too who this constable Blair was? None of them knew of him!?
So, breath tests taken and i was clean yet, guess what? He wasn't!
After an Hour or so stuck at side of the road, and with my daughter a Type 1 Diabetic, the officer sent me on my way and arrested the other driver,
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

So

A) Over the limit.
B) Rear-ends someone and tries to blame them.
C) Get a mate to impersonate a Police officer and gets caught out.

You couldn't make it up. I (don't) pity the fool. :lol:
Hope his mate on the other end of the phone gets a spanking too.

Good call (and luck) flagging the cops down.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
Cheers Nev & K9d!

If he had been civil he would have gotten away with it. All i can say (Im sorry to say) Is trust no-one on the roads.:(

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
glad you are ok Nev. I am also glad to see that the other guy got what he deserved . Hopefully the guy's friend will get caught for impersonating a police officer. I would definately pass the number dialled to the police so that they can trace him .

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
The 159 is seriously impressive during severe evasive manoeuvres as both Clare & I can testify following two near misses on the M40 in November!!
Shouldn't you and Claire be driving in the same car rather than trying to hit each other?:eek::lol:

(edited for comedy value)

It amazes me what some idiots will do just because they think the car they are in is a tanker or they think they are the best driver ever born.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts