Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so as I said in my Newbie thread i have decided to jump back into an Alfa after a few years. Looking at purchasing a 159 1750 Ti.

I had decided on Black Carbonio with Beige trim, however the better half is wanting Red Rubino with Beige.

So the question is , Black or Red:confused:,,,,ohh and as I type Grey Stromboli has been added to the mix:confused::confused:

Anyone seen this red in the flesh??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Clash -- how long are you going to keep it ?

All colours will look great on day one , but the grey will look the best in 3 years.

I think the rubino red looks pretty good, but a bit fussy with beige trim.

Rgds Leander

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
The 159 looks at its meanest in BLACK :thumbs up:,and i think the look is spoiled by the silver mirror covers on the Ti :(

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Well, my wife wouldn't let me have rubino red. reason: it's an old mans colour!

Any black will look great when it's clean, less so when it's dirty.

Stromboli grey, having owned one, looks good all the time, it almost hides dirt.... but when you clean it, it looks fantastic afterwards!

Me, I'd go black.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna be at least 3 years leander ,

Nev : thought of that already , but she don`t like black leather,,,,Argggggggg

Do you think dxechick, I have not seen them yet , but from the pics i have seen it seems to work with the overall look of the car (Lower, 19" wheels),,,ohh and I agree about the black.

Still undecided,,,LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts
See my poll in Poll Room. "Alfa 159...best Colour", Black is the most popular colour, followed by Alfa Red and then Stromboli Grey. I choose Aurora Blue:cool: which is the least popular colour but I think its very attractive which goes to prove that the best colour is in the eye of the beholder!!!

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Ok, so as I said in my Newbie thread i have decided to jump back into an Alfa after a few years. Looking at purchasing a 159 1750 Ti.

I had decided on Black Carbonio with Beige trim, however the better half is wanting Red Rubino with Beige.

So the question is , Black or Red:confused:,,,,ohh and as I type Grey Stromboli has been added to the mix:confused::confused:

Anyone seen this red in the flesh??
I think the Rubino red will look better if your cleaning regime is sporadic, while the black will need to be kept clean weekly at minimum, ( had 2 black cars never clean for long).

whatever you decide make clear it's your choice even if it started as hers--- afterall she can't be right on everything can she:cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Meant to say what ever about the colour you choose, your engine choice is a good one, this months Auto Italia claims that "the new 1750 TBi performs like a 3 litre six pot and gives near instant throttle response" Sounds like a serious boost to the 159's appeal.

G

·
Black is SO last year - and very Audi-ish. Purist Alfisti have red cars.

Rubino is a gorgeous rich colour - ask Fraser to stick up a picture of his 159SW in Rubino - its lush

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Black is SO last year - and very Audi-ish. Purist Alfisti have red cars.

Rubino is a gorgeous rich colour - ask Fraser to stick up a picture of his 159SW in Rubino - its lush
isn't that his on the AO adverts we put under wipers of non members??

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Haven't read the thread ... but I'm sure you're right :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Haven't read the thread ... but I'm sure you're right :lol:
Depends if he wants his ear chewed off at every oppertunity :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts