Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to order the Zender Sienas 17" but Zender say they won't fit the 3.0ltr.:cry:

Wondering what alloys you might have put onto you 3.0 model, as I am back to the drawing board?

Thanks in advance

Redalf

·
Registered
55 Posts
The PCD for the Alfa 166 is 5 x 108 which is a very odd size unfortunately not the same as any of the other Alfas , check out this website as they have several styles that fit the 166 , here in Australia they are much cheaper than some of the German wheels

http://www.alessio.it/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Hwalker166, thats the pcd for all 166 models I take it?
So it's just the offset that is different for the 3.0 model?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Down to the Brembo brakes - Wheels have to leave clearance for the big calipers, hence no space saver in the 3.0.

Fiat coupe 20vt has same issue - Limited wheel choice!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
no space saver in the other ones either....do the 2.5's not have brembos as well? I thought it was just us poor twinnie owners that got the poverty spec brakes?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
16"s fit on a 3.0 - do not see why the offset is different?

I thought only VDC specced cars have a full size 5th wheel, nothing to do with offset, just the VDC programs are a bit picky.

5x108 is really common, if you search ebay loads of mondeos volvos etc. all quote same - don't know what they have as offset.

Personally, I love the 5-horseshoe 17" wheels, and would happily have the alternate 17" upgrade initially offered (multi-teardrop design IIRC).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HowardA said:
16"s fit on a 3.0 - do not see why the offset is different?
Hi HowardA, they are a different 16" for the 3.0.
I had my hands on a new 16" set but they wouldn't fit when I originally discovered my own set were warped.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for everyones input on this, but I am still getting conflict views from different alloy suppliers.
Anyone else got a 3.0 alfa 166 with different alloys?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
"Down to the Brembo brakes - Wheels have to leave clearance for the big calipers, hence no space saver in the 3.0."

..i knew something was up! i asked here a while back why the 3.0 litre car looked different than the 2.0, so that's the answer.. probably sits a smidge lower at the front too..

anyone know the figures for the offsets.. it's often stamped on the rim..?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Not sure on offset - Ride height dependant on model, the Super has lowered springs as standard.

·
Registered
667 Posts
As far as I can make out the Super badge was to destinguish the 3 litre instead of a 3.0 badge & in my opinion a vast improvement over the 2.5 badging which isn't level with the rest of the badges or even in the same script I think they just nicked it off the 156 mine is going asap & no it isn't getting a Super badge instead I hate cars that pretend to be better than they are although I don't mind doing it the otherway round as that can be fun :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts