Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's running wheel spacers? What size, type and where did you buy them?

My wheels are sitting too far in (thinking of spacing 20mm). Advice?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
What wheels have you got?

I've got 15mm spacers that came from Novitec. Very good, but they didn't have a clearance hole for the disc mounting stud, so I had to drill the spacers before fitting.
You need to check bolt length very carefully too, the bolts they supplied were 10mm too long...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got 17" teledials. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ones that have a hole for the disc mounting stud.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The narrowest hubcentric spacers you can buy are 10mm or 12mm wide.

I would think that fitting spacers and 17" Teledials would be a tight fit as these wheels already look quite a good fit at the front.

At the rear there appears to be some space so a 10mm spacer might be ok.

I too have used Novitec and also Eibach spacers on 156 - both are good quality - Eibach are about £65 a pair for 10mm (without bolts) but any designed for 147 & 156 would fit but you need to get longer bolts. Novitec spacers came with longer bolts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's ok to push the rears out without doing the same at the front? The front do look ok, but I thought I would have to balance it out with the rear - which are just swallowed by those huge arches.

Anyway, I'll go out with a tape measure tomorrow and see what's the minimum I can do with the rear. 15mm sounds plausible though.

What's a Barry Boy?

Thanks guys! ;-)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
these guys:

Wheel - Spacers - 01722 340099

do them at a good price. From others' experiences 15mm might be dodgy when you hit a bump.

pascs, I see the novitec site says they do 10mm and in the picture they look like the type that extend the hub - is this a mistake? as the GTV hub is at least 10mm, so I cant see how that would work, unless they're utilising the original hub

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
All hub-centric spacers extend the hub.......10mm fit fine on the 156 hub and I assumed the GTV had the same length hub.

I'd need to check the 156 hub but I guess its about 7-8mm

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Alfa 17" Teledials are offset 30mm and 7.5" wide

so if you fitted 10mm spacers on the rear with your Teledials your tyre would be in same place as Martijn - assuming you can actually fit a 10mm spacer

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Thanks, sounds good to me. But what would prevent me fitting a 10mm spacer?
just going on this....

pascs, I see the novitec site says they do 10mm and in the picture they look like the type that extend the hub - is this a mistake? as the GTV hub is at least 10mm, so I cant see how that would work, unless they're utilising the original hub
You would need to check the thickness of the mounting flange on the hub - the bit that locates the wheel onto the hub - on my 156 this is about 7-8mm but it sounds like GTV could be bigger. Also you might need to remove the grease cap on the rear hubs as these stick out further too.

Just took this pic of 10mm Eibach spacer against 156 rear hub. Rear hub looks to be about 9mm wide but 10mm spacer does fit over it correctly. Grease cap on the hub is the problem and also locating lug / bolt

·
Registered
139 Posts
just checked, my wheels are 8J wide -not7J-

And the spacers are from this site Alfisti.net and they include longer bolts -also not something to forget.

Cheers

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'm thinking of getting them for the rear of the GTA, it also seems to suffer from a large rear overhang on the arches, fronts are fine...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
better handling with wider track? any negative impact after installing the spacers?
My car came to me 2nd hand with 10mm spacers on the rear. To be fair it did look cool but it ruined the handling. I was really disappointed by the handling until I too the spacers off and it was so much sweeter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts