Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering there, of the people on the site tuning their 147s (naturally aspirated only!), who is pushing out the most power?

Please post a dyno sheet if you have it and a rough idea of what you've had done to gain that power?

I'll hopefully be getting mine remapped and dyno'd after some more work in a couple of months, so I'll throw mine up then :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
How much wind would be taken from you're sails if some bloke showed a plot of a stage 2 Autodelta turbo?:lol:

Sorry, but I had to say it- no offence intended.:)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none at all since the only performance mod I have at present is a k&n 57i kit :p

nice try though :lol:

besides, it's alot easier to get extra gains from a turbo'd engine than an N/A

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
alfadublin had a pretty performant 1.6... though not atmospheric anymore...

I reckon 140 bhp would be achievable without spending silly money.... 1.8/2.0 cams, decat and proper remap should see you nearly there...

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
There's potential for 30-35 bhp in the engine I reckon with the proper induction and exhuast, cams few other choice bits and a remap to top it off, any more than that and your better off spending your money lightening what you have, reducing the unsprung weight for faster acceleration, maybe a lightened flywheel to make it even more rev happy.

Straight line speed aint everything the 1.6 twinny is very manageable at speed on standard suspension with a few mods you can make it a whole lot better.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I've lightened and balanced my 2.0. Ok, it's not yet run in despite vigorous thrashings, but I've not really noticed much benefit to the lightening and running without using the balance shafts.

I think +30BHP would make the 1.6 not very nice for road use though.:rolleyes: +15BHP-20BHP is a more realistic for road use.

·
Vendor
47,150 Posts
Send Marko a PM, he's not on here anymore as he owns an MG, but he got his 2.0 Selespeed to over 200bhp normally aspirated.. I think he has something to do with a garage of some sorts, he sent me a link to a place that did his exhaust manifold, they have a Corsa 1.6 with 190bhp, normally aspirated..

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts