Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how many of the cars on here belonged to someone else from here?

I wonder who had my car before I did and if they are on here?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Since I bought my Guilietta as an ex-demonstrator from Bauer Millett it is a possibility that Daveb257 had used it and certainly BM are a member of the forum

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wouldnt want to buy one from here, i know 2 people here (Cant say who) that have driven their 156's 210k then swap the Guage clusters and ECU'S to lower the miles and sell them.

Because they know so much about the car they can also do dodgy things to them and sell them off.

But that might be 5% on here not everyone is like that.

But personally i would never get rid of my Alfa unless it had issues, why would someone get rid of an Alfa? far out they must be crazy. I do trade them in though, i wouldnt sell it privately.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ive often wonderd if anyone on here has bought my brera as they may have bought a load of future problems .... I made sure that when I took it to auction it had as much warrenty work done by the dealer as possible but the car was a catalogue of disasters from day 1 ....
Up until last week it was for sale at a dealers but its now gone from there website ......

If anyone's thinking of buying a 2.4 black jtdm with 33k miles on the clock id recommend checking and double checking the history and ask the dealer for a list of work done on it ......
Reg starts WP59 .........

B

·
0 Posts
Last time I bothered to try and inform the previous owner I had her beloved Alfa 156, I got pounced on with a tirade of "oh why bother blah blah blah winge winge winge".

But yes I have wondered and always done a little hunting. An old post code into google maps reveals a lovely cul-de-sac with £300K+ houses, speaks volumes. And that his name comes up as a solicitor in the area I had purchased the vehicle.

Chap that has bought my car was a Doctor I believe, very comforting. I hope I see OAU again :cryL

·
Registered
666 Posts
Definatly won't find the previous owner of my GT on here.

Apparantly it was owned (or rather leant by Alfa for a year) to Andrea Roche, a former Miss Ireland. Dealer might have been telling porkies (never :p ) but I seem to remember reading a newsletter from Alfa Ireland about her getting the car.

B

·
0 Posts
Ever thought of selling the steering wheel, gear knob, seat?? :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
ive sold 2 of my Alfa's to forum members on here. still speak to the new owner of my GTA now and again when he has done something to it :) (when i say new owner, he has had it a couple of years)

·
Registered
32,062 Posts
I drove it fresh from the showroom but sometimes feel I'm preparing it for somebody on here when there's yet another reference to depreciation. I might just keep it a while, on principle!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bought my 156 of Sears who used to be on here.

Also bought my gtv of gtv gav when he decided to sell. Can't wait to change the gearbox and get it back on the road. Have all the parts to get it done though.

PMackey did you use to work for victor? I've a receipt here on the gtv with the salesman being pmackey!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Bought my V6 from a trader on here, car was sound but a few bits of history missing so I wrote to the previous owner asking if she had any documents and she returned the biggest envelope of documents you've ever seen !! We still exchange Xmas cards and I drop her an email ever year when the car passes it's mot lol

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't believe the previous owner of my 166 was on here, but back in 2010 when attending the Centenary World Record of Alfas convoy in Epsom he was looking around & we chatted for a bit.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm the 3rd owner. A man had it from new, either ordered or stuck a TI lip spoiler on it and a cloverleaf enamel badge next to the 147 badge. Then a woman owned it that let it go a bit (split turbo hoses, bald tyres etc)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts