Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a remus oval backbox or similar, but where and who can i get to fit it, or shall a longlife exhaust backbox 150notes all fitted, anyone heard of or can recommend MIJ performance exhaust in the midlands, which will be 180notes. My requirements are to make the back of my car look better. But willing to spend the dough, and want the best for my alfa. I am in bristol!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i have a Longlife exhaust system that i got from the branch in Plymouth, they were excellent in every way. gave me a choice of tail pipe ends, and three levels of noise too, i opted for the mid sound which has a sexy rumble at idle, and a fantastic roar when you open it up :D
i would recommend Longlife to anyone, very good service

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I had a Longlife system fitted to my old 145QV (I asked for the 'quiet' system) and I personally found it far too loud. I took it back after a few weeks and they changed the mid silencer, but I still found it too much, especially when cruising at 60-80. It was really boomy.

Now I have a 156 I have decided to stick with a standard system - nothing too loud :rolleyes: - I must be getting old :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I am nearby and also looking for a new exhaust.

I have used longlife before and, whilst their customer service was excellent, I asked for a quiet system and got one that had a noticable boom in the 3-4K range. They added an additional silencer to the system and this made the problem worse(!)

I'm after a system that looks like my current back box (slashed oval), sounds a bit more fruity or characterful than standard, but doesn't have any annoying boom when cruising - if you find one please let me know!

Cheers
Freshtripe

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a Remus oval Back box, love the look of it - and if i was honest i would have liked it to be a bit louder, but then i don't do a lot of M way miles for it to annoy me in the long term. With the V6 mod and Green cone induction kit the car now sounds great :D Although i am tempted at some point to get a super sprint centre pipe. ;)
My Remus was about £300 and fitted for £20. Bought it from Carnoisseur in Southend.

U

·
0 Posts
bomberlow said:
I have a Remus oval Back box, love the look of it - and if i was honest i would have liked it to be a bit louder, but then i don't do a lot of M way miles for it to annoy me in the long term. With the V6 mod and Green cone induction kit the car now sounds great :D Although i am tempted at some point to get a super sprint centre pipe. ;)
My Remus was about £300 and fitted for £20. Bought it from Carnoisseur in Southend.
I'm getting a Powerflow exhaust fitted Saturday. Anyone had one of these before?

·
Administrator
45,321 Posts
Yup. Had one on my 145. I would recommend asking them to make it a quiet system - they can't reproduce the centre (weird-shaped) silencer, so you already go from a 3, to a 2 silencer system. Mine made a very nice noise after the exhaust was fitted, but in hind-sight (now she's gone, I would never have admitted this while I owned her :D ) perhaps she was a little too noisy at times.
Having said that, now I'm driving the Coupe which is loads quieter, I do miss the noise a lot of the time.
Never satisfied, that's my problem. Grass is always greener, etc. etc.

·
Administrator
45,321 Posts
BTW, all that advice is based on a 145, but I'm pretty sure the exhaust system is quite similar.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I picked up a Remus Oval backbox direct from the manufacturer for £170 all the way from Austria

Cost me £25 to get a call out mechanic with a trolley jack to fit it :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Powerflow systems are usually made from poor grade stainless not T304.It rusts!
I had one on my BMW and it blew out the silencer material over a short period of time. The bends and joints were poor too.
I've seen a system on Ebay for reasonable money £200 ish. The pipework is mandrel bent. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts