Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
45,064 Posts
Saying that tech has not progressed in 3 years is a bit disingenuous.
Perhaps it is more correct to say that you could have a 3 year old PC now (which was high spec when bought), and find nothing which it struggles to run.

Going back a few years, a similar aged PC would be struggling after 2, even with a ram and graphics card update.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
4k is only 3~4x the bandwidth as 1080p. (it's not exactly 4x because the compression can be turned up higher on a larger image without as great a loss of quality)

Could also be your PC's graphics card. Video decoding is offloaded to the graphics card, where it's done in hardware. However, the graphics chipset in your card would have been specified to handle 1920x1080 HD video (also now called "2k"), not 3840x2160 UHD/"4k".

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
4k is only 3~4x the bandwidth as 1080p. (it's not exactly 4x because the compression can be turned up higher on a larger image without as great a loss of quality)

Could also be your PC's graphics card. Video decoding is offloaded to the graphics card, where it's done in hardware. However, the graphics chipset in your card would have been specified to handle 1920x1080 HD video (also now called "2k"), not 3840x2160 UHD/"4k".
I have 3GB ddr5 video card i think that would be enough, i can run any game max settings. But it might be my internet speed or the fast monitor speed is designed for it yet.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts