Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd pop into the big lads lounge to share this with you.

this was parked around the corner from me in Nottingham, and was decal'd for the screwball rally,

does anyone here own/know it?

DSC_0318.jpg

cheers

shrew

·
Registered
237 Posts
I read a few months back in the Alfa romeo owners club magazine of a liverpool taxi company that ran only Alfa,s., mainly 156,s and 159,s that were all painted yellow and they had bought a 164 and painted that and kitted it out to use as a taxi , surely there cant be two.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a fair way from nottingham, but you never know i suppose.

it looked to me like it had been purposely purchased for the screwball rally, which is supposed to be cars that only cost around £750 initially to buy.

plus, unless a car becomes registered as a taxi within its first 3 years, it is incredibly expensive and difficult to to do so, so i wouldn't have thought a taxi firm would go out now and buy a 164 to actually run as a cab, but you never know

be a nice ride at least though eh!

positively limo standard compared to a ford mundane! ha ha!

shrew

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had a quick look at the alfa owners club mags and found the article from june 2010.
Same reg number H17NYC and was made to resemble an NYC cab and according to the text was for use for city tours in liverpool and was repainted by the cab companys owners father in his 101st year!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I had a quick look at the alfa owners club mags and found the article from june 2010.
Same reg number H17NYC and was made to resemble an NYC cab and according to the text was for use for city tours in liverpool and was repainted by the cab companys owners father in his 101st year!
Awesome...wonder if he'll paint my two when he's 166.
If yer still alive and kicking....Well done old yin.:thumbs:

Pomeo

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have a look at this month's Auto Italia. It belongs to Samantha Doyle and recently took part in the Screwball Rally of Europe and raised £1500 for arthritis research.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I bought this months Auto italia yesterday and havent read it yet ,obviously it has changed ownership and well done them for the charity drive, what a brilliant way to raise money and have fun at the same time.:thumbs:

·
Registered
529 Posts
saw that 164 and its owner in a garage in liverpool a year ago.
He gets regular clients because they loved being driven around in it.
He also said he was a regular visitor to the garage unfortunately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm the new owner of the Taxi !

Hi guys,
I'm now the proud owner of the Alfa Romeo 164 'New York Taxi' -

It did infact win 'Best Themed' in the Screwball Rally '11
I shall be using it as a daily drive - as it is in excellent mechanical order and 'a bit of fun' - I describe it as a Smile On Wheels :lol::lol::lol:
It's now living in Market Harborough.
Ugs

(Ugly Bob is a CB handle - a hobby I still continue.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys might be pleased to hear that the good ole 164 just passed it's MOT without a single item to fettle !

And it's still a joy to drive... I'm loving it !
Ugs

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..man they should have sold them in that colour combo.. looks great :)

the 164 tsparsk are one of the great unsung heros alright.. tough as old boots, comfy, good fun, and they're not even too thirsty.

What sort of mileage is she at..?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Isn't there one knocking about the UK with 500k on it?
I got that taxi driver to bring me from Liverpool to Oldham a few weeks back.
He's running a 159 JTDm now....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts