Alfa Romeo Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts
Hi, my name is Andrew but everyone calls me 'Drew'. I'm 50 years old and live/work in Huntingdon.

I've just separated from my wife and bought an Alfa 159 Turismo 1.9JTDm (I think I got the better end of the bargain!).

I work in IT, coach archery and shoot for the Cambridgeshire County team... oh, and when I get time I exercise my Triumph Trophy 4 1200 with a trip to the Suffolk coast.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts =)

Hello

I don't usually get involved with any clubs or communities, specially not online. However, I do get the sense that Alfa drivers belong.
So... I'm Rob Q. Had a P1 GTV 2.0 TS Lusso for a few years, that the awesome team at Alfashop Norwich helped me lick back into shape. Now driving the P2 2002 GTV 3.0 V6 24valve & with their brilliant assistance intend to continue to do so for another 100k miles or so.

By day I'm a Sous Chef, in my free time a Guitarist, Songwriter & Tutor. I Love to train in the gym ( gotta try an look as good as my car - also it keeps me sane ), & occasional online gamer.

36 years old born in Fareham Hampshire, but been living in Cromer North Norfolk for 32 years ( way way too long ).

Love my gtv as I love anything so great.

Hi my name is Douglas and I live in Debenham. Have just obtained a 1975 Spider S2 which is now being given some tlc and hope to meet some fellow classic alfa enthusiasts for a chat at the Four Horseshoes on the 27th although the car will not be in attendance. Taking time to get to grips with its idiosyncrasies but having had a 1900 TI Super many years ago its good to be back with a real red blooded beauty.

Discussion starter · #185 ·
Hi my name is Douglas and I live in Debenham. Have just obtained a 1975 Spider S2 which is now being given some tlc and hope to meet some fellow classic alfa enthusiasts for a chat at the Four Horseshoes on the 27th although the car will not be in attendance. Taking time to get to grips with its idiosyncrasies but having had a 1900 TI Super many years ago its good to be back with a real red blooded beauty.
Good to see another club rising up in the area. Hope all goes well on Mon 27TH.

Been lurking here since I got a 159 back in late 2006 but just never got around to posting!

Anyway, hi all, I'm Trev from near Lowestoft and as well as the 159 mentioned above I have a Masser 3200GT and a Guzzi V11 Le Mans, so Italian vehicles are kind of in my blood.

I really want a 3200gt next. Need to get something sensible for commuting first though. Running a v6 brera on a 30miles round trip each day is expensive enough. I don't think a maserati would be too kind on my wallet!

You should, they're awesome. Seriously though, great cars and the turbo rush is epic. Running costs are a bit more reasonable these days. Even the economy isn't too bad at around 18-20 driving normally.

I struggle to get my brera much over 20mpg! Stop tempting me lol! Definitely the next car I'm looking at, one step closer to a ferrari! My plan is to get a vespa to use for commuting first, then I can have a 3200 for weekend fun!

I can get the 159 down to just under 10 if I try hard enough :D

Much as the Masser is great, the 159 is the better every day car that still has enough go to be fun. Nearly went for a V6 Brera. I really like them (no I don't want to swap).

Yeah I do have a photo somewhere of the trip saying 7.9mpg on my brera! Oh go on you know you want to, they are actually selling for about the same value nowadays, that's what makes it all the more tempting to get one! I see yours is red as well, they would make a lovely photo together! My sisters boss has a new granturismo I keep trying to catch it in her car park to get a photo but I always miss him!

I'm Jeff and live on the Norfolk Lincolnshire border. I have owned a 147 1.9 JTD 8v for 5 years but have just purchased a 2007 GT Blackline. She is very pretty! Looking forward to getting out and about in her next weekend :)

Brian near Saffron Walden. GTV V6, phase 1, 6 speed. Costs me a fortune and not just in fuel but what the hell, you can't take it with you can you! Did start my Alfa adventure with a 56 plate diesel gt. Cost me a fortune as well and just doesn't cut it like a GTV, something I remind myself of after ever garage bill.

Brian near Saffron Walden. GTV V6, phase 1, 6 speed. Costs me a fortune and not just in fuel but what the hell, you can't take it with you can you! Did start my Alfa adventure with a 56 plate diesel gt. Cost me a fortune as well and just doesn't cut it like a GTV, something I remind myself of after ever garage bill.

GTV/Spider V6 - there is nothing quite like it - I agree it costs - but hey once you plant your foot, hear that engine sing and you just take off - then costs just don't seem to matter do they?

181 - 200 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.