1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Unbelievable :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
Just watching the news now, and I'm shocked at how far she'd declined physically, and also lost her singing voice and vocal range. 48 isn't young with her lifestyle though - Winehouse didn't even make 30 before succumbing to the same addictions.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Why unbelievable, folks? The woman has been addled from a relatively young age with industrial-strength narcotics and booze. Her time was coming, unfortunately.

Rubbish music, undeniably strong voice - template for a generation over over-emotive screamers. Sad to see anyone go so very young.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
I have to say back in the eighties i bought her records and thought she had an awesome voice, she was my number one 'pin up' girl, so beautiful....:)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Very sad, the wife went to see her last year and said she wasn't a patch of her former self.....that said, she still said Whitney even last year, had a better vocal range and stage prescence than Rhianna who she went to see shortly after.

Paul

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Withdrawn...

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Very sad.
She had a fantastic voice. Although I didn't like most of her stuff - she veered too much towards overly sentimental ballads and histrionic vocal acrobatics - a couple of her early tunes "How Will I Know", "I wanna Dance with somebody" were great pop music.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.