Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a GTV I've started seeing in my village occasionally and its a sort of mother-of-pearl white (for want of a better description). Was this a standard colour or a (pricey looking) respray?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Polychromatic, irridescent, light refractive shades. Pearlescent, that our friends have used across the pond for yonks, I guess it could be? Unless Alfa do it as a requisite finish?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive followed a fantastic white spider round my home town recently. I presumed it was a spray jobbie but if Alfa did white ones, Id snap one up as soon as you can say "17 year old driver broke because of insurance".

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They did a nuvola Blue, which is a pearlescent silvery blue, which goes gold, blue, green, looks amazing. not seen a nuvola white one, but the colour was officially available on the 147 GTA, so a very expensive respray's not out of the question.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just seen it as I went to get a paper! Wheels and badges are sprayed gloss black which looks a bit dodgy so I suspect a respray.

I gave her a discreet finger wave as I drove past (in true Yorkshire style) but she ignored me :rolleyes: never mind, maybe it was to discreet or maybe she just thinks I'm a bit weird...I'll just read my paper and stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
There was a white pearlescent option on the 147 GTA and maybe others. Could be a respray but defo an original AR colour.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yep, was available as a standard colour.
Bianco Freddo - Cold White.
The original colours available on the Gtv were:
Alfa Red, Brunello Red, Black, Cobalt Blue and Racing Green and the above Cold White
and in Metallic:
Bordeaux Red, Myrth Green, Space Blue, Light Grey and the coolest of all - Gunmetal (Canna di Fucile Metallizato):cool:
I have never seen a Gtv brochure so I don't know what Alfa UK may have designated them for marketing purposes in this country, but these are the English translations of the Italian names.
Spiders were (I think) available in all of the above, plus a few other reds, greens, etc.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is mine Gunmetal? Cos I like it a lot. That white one looks awesome though.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'll respray your car in pearl necklace white.

you might need to give me some time though.

:cheese:
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Man: Hello, I would like the car in pearl necklace white.
Dealer: That will take six weeks sir.
Man: Ah, I was hoping a bit sooner than that.
Dealer: Well, it costs a little more but is ready in one week if you have the Bukkake service.
Man: Excellent.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Grigio Meteora mate (Meteor Grey) like mine. Its top, white just isn't ...

Lift the bonnet, should be a silver badge telling the colour on the nearside wheel arch.
Is that what your badge says? Mine says something like "Acqua Metailica Eclisse 3".
The original (italian) name was
Canna di Fucile Metallizato
Does that translate as Gunmetal?
Not quite sure where the Meteor Grey came along, although I suspect that is what they adopted as the English name for it for marketing in this country; translate that back into italian and you have Grigio Meteora.
Anyway, I am sure we are all talking about the same colour:
It is cool:cool:
It must be, otherwise how come we are still talking about it?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Is that what your badge says? Mine says something like "Acqua Metailica Eclisse 3".
The original (italian) name was
Canna di Fucile Metallizato
Does that translate as Gunmetal?
Not quite sure where the Meteor Grey came along, although I suspect that is what they adopted as the English name for it for marketing in this country; translate that back into italian and you have Grigio Meteora.
Anyway, I am sure we are all talking about the same colour:
It is cool:cool:
It must be, otherwise how come we are still talking about it?
Thats exactly what mine says. Think there are variations though - I've seen other metallic grey GTVs & other Alfas that aren't quite the same. And Meteor Grey touch up isn't available from anywhere - Alfa included (tho perhaps exists under a different name at Fiat ...)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thats exactly what mine says. Think there are variations though - I've seen other metallic grey GTVs & other Alfas that aren't quite the same. And Meteor Grey touch up isn't available from anywhere - Alfa included (tho perhaps exists under a different name at Fiat ...)
Indeed, there was also a "Light Grey Metallic", which is different.
I have just looked up the original specs for the 916 Spider and your Grigio Meteora, or Meteor Grey is listed, whereas Gunmetal is not.
I think it is the same colour. Maybe, for some reason, it was called Gunmetal when used on the Gtv and Meteor Grey on the Spider.

A bit like the old Ivory Mist thing with the 156 - the original Italian colour was designated as Luce di Amalfi; somehow that was adopted here as Ivory Mist. I like that particular colour but according to several posters here it is s**t.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
... mines a GTV, not Spider. Have seen a P1 GTV around Newcastle that is a subtly different shade, presumably Gunmetal. Seems odd to bother with such subtle changes - but mine is somehow better ...!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts