Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've just changed my cam cover gasket and the car sounds sweet. It is blowing white smoke from the exhaust and two of the spark plug wells were full of oil. I let some of the oil go into the well when I took out the plugs, I'm guessing that this could be causing it. The car has been stood since July also due to being a Cat D.

Anyone else had this issue? The water level/ colour is fine and there is no mayo on the oil cap / dipstick.

Temp gets to 90 and sticks. I'm guessing a good run may clear it out.

Jay

M

·
0 Posts
Err white is water.... I would suggest if car has been sat for that long it is just all the moisture clearing from exhaust (like starting cold on steroids).

Get car to temp and take for drive should clear it up fine... keep an eye on temp in case you are loosing coolant but reckon it's just cos sat for ages

John

M

·
0 Posts
Blackpool area in summer.... was in news etc... foam comes off the sea in correct conditions.....

Look it up, looks so strange

·
Registered
77 Posts
im getting the same on my 156,1.8ts,2000,get alot of white smoke,then its gone after about 5 minutes,when i say alot,it looks like a fog is up my backside,whilst driving,could my plugs be causing this as they dont look good,cleaned them up as best i could,only brought the car a few weeks ago,non stop problems,ie alternator change[what a **** job to do from the top,next time ill know better]idling at 2000rpm[got this down to 1000rpm]i know the spark plug gaps are supposed to be at [email protected] when i took the plugs out of my car,you could have fit a packet of fags through the gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts