Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving along minding my own business two cars come flying past me..

They both stop at the set of traffic lights ahead.. I recognise the white RS immediately.. Its the GTA's nemesis.. Next to it is a Golf 6 GTI with Revo stickers.. (I was in the Abarth by the way)..

So I know these two guys are going for a TLGP.. As soon as traffic light turns green they gun it.. Little Abarth in hot pursuit..

The Megane RS absolutely destroyed this Revo Golf! By the time that car hit 3rd gear he was probably a car length and a half ahead!

I dont feel so bad about being destroyed by this car now! It killed a tuned Golf 6 easy!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That Megane RS is a great car.... pity its really uncomfortable to live with as a daily......
I took one for a test drive a while ago and it will kill me on a long trip......

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Most GTi's now sport REVO stickers even if they run stage 1...back in 2010 when I ran with my revo stickers everyone said I'm crazy...take the stickers off...now, every Tom,Dick and Harry running REVO stickers, if you post this tale on the GTi or VWclub forums you'll be asked for video proof lol!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
That sounds like an excuse Guili. The thing is it was Revo tuned (stage what-not) and got killed by the Megane that killed Perreby's GTA.

I had an innings with an STO tuned Leon Cupra (The exact same one on STO's website!) pushing 225kw in my blue GTV. When I finally met him again in my black GTV the tables were turned. I beat him by a few car lengths.

It takes a lot to beat a 3.2 Busso...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That Megane is probably the 4th fastest car in our suburb.. It's seriously quick!!!

Beaten only by a Lamborghini Marchialago, Audi R8 and Nissan GTR...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
No no no excuse, just saying. The VW boys going on that the Megane can't beat the RS...and once again its been proven now, like many times before.

See Ian this is what I mean by generic.

Most turbo cars are quick, they are not fast! That's why your GTV could kill the STO tuned Cupra...there is no mimicing a raw powered car like the V6 Busso.

I'm strongly considering trading up or down next year to either V8 M3 e92 or e46 M3 csl...or e46 M3 with csl kit and exhaust and intake, I yearn for real power but in rwd form. I trully can't be bothered with generic software turbo cars anymore, they are all the same.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Most GTi's now sport REVO stickers even if they run stage 1...back in 2010 when I ran with my revo stickers everyone said I'm crazy...take the stickers off...now, every Tom,Dick and Harry running REVO stickers, if you post this tale on the GTi or VWclub forums you'll be asked for video proof lol!
True, anyone can stick a name. And true, you never know what stage mod he has done.
Then again, if you want run with the big dogs, don't **** like a puppy... :vomit: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts