Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blackline GT 1.9 Just changed oil and filter, air filter, cleaned EGR valve (although it was very clean) and fitted new EGR gasket, Now I have noticed a whistling noise at revs before the turbo boost, it then goes away when the turbo kicks in, car runs like a dream with no loss of power. 54000 miles. Is it anything to worry about or does anyone have any ideas why this noise should suddenly appear.
Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jeepers , coincidence, just posted on GTA forum about a whistling noise (P1173 P1176 Fatal Code) is my thread.

I know our engines are completely different, but I traced mine to Intake runners being loose where they attached to block.

Suggest you check every joint in your inlet tract for tightness, seems really basic advice, but sometimes its not always the worst scenario.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeepers , coincidence, just posted on GTA forum about a whistling noise (P1173,P1176) is my thread.

I know our engines are completely different, but I traced mine to Intake runners being loose where the attached to block.

Suggest you check every joint in your inlet tract for tightness, seems really basic advice, but sometimes its not always the worst scenario.
Thanks will take a look tomorrow

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
If it didn’t do it before it has to be related to recent work, check EGR valve is sealed properly,gasket still in tact and bolts all secure etc.
Also worth checking air box is seated and sealed correctly

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the reply. Going to check today, The EGR gasket was different to the old gasket apparently an updated one from Autolusso which had part of it blanked off.
Could this cause the noise?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
A metal restrictor plate with 4 holes? No, they make no noise, but need a paper gasket on each side to prevent gas leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts