Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Had the passenger side wing mirror replaced last week due to some w**kers deciding that it would look better kicked off my car. I had the door seal replaced on that side as well due to a small water leak. The water leak has stopped but now the is a whistling noise coming from the area of the wing mirror/door. I initially thought it might be that the door seal was not seated properly against the door so I took it back and they refitted it. I still have the strange noise thought...its like wind noise if you had your window down about a quarter of an inch. I am totally baffled, anyone have any ideas of what it may be?

Pete.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If I recall correctly, some 159s had wind noise problems around the mirror and Alfa had a fix consisting of a foam gasket fitted inside the mirror housing. Don't know why some cars needed them and some didn't or even what the problem was - but a search on here might find the reasons and cure

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mike is correct; there is some soundproofing which can be fitted within the mirror assembly.

This fixed the whistling at >70mph I had.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that on the area where it is mounted onto the door of the car or around the glass mirror itself?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have exactly the same issue, whistling from the door mirror at 70mph. Any further info ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The problem is known to Alfa (detail in a service bulletin); cause is wind getting into the leading edge of the door and whistling through the wiring. Solution is to wrap the wires (together) using foam ie like pipe insulation. Benefield Alfa have sorted mine out today :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts