Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions;

1) Does anyone else have a whirring aircon console? Even when off it trundles quietly away to itself
2) Is there any way to shut it up?!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant, cheers fella - so it's a dirty motor. Wondered if it was just a crappy part.

I'll add that to the to-do list!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi its supposed to do that its shows its working ok .Its closing the vents,you can hear it when you turn the car off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi its supposed to do that its shows its working ok .Its closing the vents,you can hear it when you turn the car off.
I know what you're talking about, but no this is something else - the vent closing can be heard and is fine, this is a constant whirring from the unit at any point the key is turned, whether the unit's on or not. The other thread seems to point towards the cause and it makes sense, it does sound a little like a laptop fan when it's got clogged up now I think about it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ok then there is a small fan behind the grills beside your climate controls .Its a temp sensor this samples air from the cabin and adjusts temp to suit it may be stuck .You could try a hover onto the grill to pull all the crap out that may help .Just read the thread lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts