Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a Brera last week (3.2). Massive fan. Just wanted confirm whether the whinning noise is normal or not? Difficult to really describe it better! It varies volume based on revs. Its at its loudest stationary/slow moving. Sorry if im being a bit vague.

Regards

Garry.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought a Brera last week (3.2). Massive fan. Just wanted confirm whether the whinning noise is normal or not? Difficult to really describe it better! It varies volume based on revs. Its at its loudest stationary/slow moving. Sorry if im being a bit vague.

Regards

Garry.
uninstalling the girlfriend/wife from the passenger seat normally fixes the whining :D

joking aside, is it like a gearbox/diff whine? Do you have a warranty cover on your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha!

Girlfriend is usaully muted, passenger seat whining is down to a minimum!

Im guessing Diff whine would come from the back? or is the diff located centrally? Whine definately seems to be coming from the front.

I bought the car with a 3 month warranty, are you sensing big bucks? :confused:

Cheers

Garry

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Haha!

Girlfriend is usaully muted, passenger seat whining is down to a minimum!

Im guessing Diff whine would come from the back? or is the diff located centrally? Whine definately seems to be coming from the front.

I bought the car with a 3 month warranty, are you sensing big bucks? :confused:

Cheers

Garry
nah, not necessarily, it's just good to know you have a warranty and that you're planning on making a new one as soon as the other expires. One thing that I've learned about the Brera is that it's always gonna be a pretty penny to fix!

·
Registered
149 Posts
If its a 4wd version this is normal, the rear diff tends to be a bit whiney. Turn your radio up a bit and enjoy your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts