Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had a search and looked through quite a few threads but can't find anything referring to such an intermittent problem.

I have a whine when taking left corners (usually from a stand-still). Only faint one, and I can't tell if the frequency increases with speed, as I usually have to straighten out quickly.

I say left corner, as most of the time it happens, I am driving a left turn on tarmac off our land onto a street. It may have happened on the right, not sure.

It seems to happen when cold (when I leave ours in the morning).

I have been onto car parks a few times, and can't replicate it- Annoying as it only happens sometimes when I am turning out of a street and can't continue to turn.

There is no knocking, bumping, other than the usual creaking from the bushes once in a while.

The winter tyres are on their way out and not 'round' any more, and I hadn't heard the noise on summer tyres, heard but that's the only thing I can think of.

Discs/pads all round were replaced 10k km ago (but squeak again)

Oh, just had my wheels balanced, and asked that they check the hubs and said they were fine- was a standard tyre place though.

Any ideas be appreciated!

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alternator, if not tyres themselves? cold engine in cold season = bigger electric load and the power steering is electric aswell.
Thanks for the reply CS155, yes, I a hoping its the tyres and not anything in the drivetrain!

Re Power steering- not sure how these electric PAS systems work, and if they even need fluid. Will look into this!

Cheers!

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts