Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id take five to bring to the attention of gtv owners for thoose whom dont already know

under the front wings i found a space in the body that has a sponge sound deadner in it and its a rust trap for a few hours work well worth checking your pride and joy and sorting it before it gets bade as it would be a real pain to fix in the future

heres some pics

i just stripped the hole car and to be hounest there was a lot more rust than i thought there would be areas worste were

pass foot well,
the bits mentioned above,..
behind the heatshield front fire wall,
under the sills
behind the rubbers on door
and under the radiator really bad

Attachments

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
This is not common on the Gtv. I had the sills off my 1997 and they were still perfect. The only 'common' rust area I know is below the Pininfarina badge. Still, it looks like you have caught it early enough to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
well spotted and well stripped there gtvwayne.......I didnt know the whole front end would come apart like that .......looks like a lotta work...........did you just get carried away cleaning or is there another reason for the exercise ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i must admit is a bit sad destroying a perfectly good rareish car:( and one day the will be collectable and expensive, but then you should all thank me ive just made your cars rarer therefor ore expensive!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No wasn't cleaning it was stripping it for parts, the front can be removed easily to aid engine removed it a fairly simple process.......

Right step one make coffee
Step two switch on angle grinder with cutting disc
Step three cut!!!! :lol:

Btw sold most parts

But still have if any one wants very cheap

Bumpers
Wiper motor
Abs pump
Air con compressor
Centre dash and consul
Front grill
Wheels
And more

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes i must admit is a bit sad destroying a perfectly good rareish car:( and one day the will be collectable and expensive, but then you should all thank me ive just made your cars rarer therefor ore expensive!!!!:lol:
GTV Wayne
Thanx for that,
and thanx ...I guess...for sharing the images of the rust-producing-sponge-in-the-absolutely-impossible-to-reach-without-destroying-everything-space.:eek:

Henrik

1 - 10 of 10 Posts