Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Thought I'd start a general thread rather than continue the navteq thread in the 164/166 tech area.)

I got the 2005/2006 GB/Ireland CD when I bought my Brera in October, even though the 2006/2007 disc was out. :(

Does anyone have a later version, and if they do, does it have the Postcode look-up enabled now? (The disc is common to Brera, 159, GT & 147 models.)

:confused:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have the 06/07 Navteq disc, it still does not have the postcode lookup :(

select city
select road
select number

its quite slow when you select a city starting with "W"

I think the whole Alfa satnav system needs a software re-write

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I have a satnav related question that you may be able to help me with.

Found a 2004 156 Lusso at a car supermarket which has satnav and CD changer in boot. The satnav screen just has a message about the Code but the dealer don't have a code for the system, just the satnav CD.

How can I get a code, or get the unit reset? Is it likely to cost me money to unlock the unit? Also, will the CD changer rely on the same code (does the CD changer run through an amp in the satnav unit or will I be able to play music independantly?).

Thanks for your help,

Tony.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I think it will be a trip to the dealer and some £'s for a code/recode, as the the cdc playing through the amp etc, all the cdc controls are on the radio/satnav kit so it wont play independently.

hope this helps

Leigh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts