Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post! Currently driving a '91 33 Boxer but I've been bitten by the GTV bug, purely on looks - haven't even driven one yet!

Am looking to purchase this GTV, but haven't yet had the chance to view it.

I have never seen the writing across the light strip on the rear. Has anyone got this on their GTV?

Does it signify a limited edition or something to that effect? I am in Australia by the way.

Cheers,

timaire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks to me like a very very shiny 3.0 V6 ................. With Red Leather, nice wheels and a spoiler........... Buy It You'll love it.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
458 Posts
well, as its a 3.0L V6 with those wheels and exhaust id say it is a phase 2 gtv...

the sportivo script i believe was a dealer addition in australia (*perhaps just victoria?) for the "last" of a phase, >>

so id assume this was one of the last phase2's

*edit, found it on carsales, 2001 3.0L v6..

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Phase 2 3.0 V6 in solid black with red leather. Very nice. Writing on the back probably just a dealer/vendor addition - wouldn't worry about that. Very nice alloys - these are the Phase 3 (2003-06) optional 17" alloys with 225 rubber. Cost a fortune alone to purchase from Alfa Romeo. If all works ok, go for it!

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
well, as its a 3.0L V6 with those wheels and exhaust id say it is a phase 2 gtv...

the sportivo script i believe was a dealer addition in australia (*perhaps just victoria?) for the "last" of a phase, >>

so id assume this was one of the last phase2's

*edit, found it on carsales, 2001 3.0L v6..
Looks good inside as well. In UK terms the price is bonkers (probably worth about AUD 6,000 here). How do you afford to buy cars in Australia?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? '01 GTV with 44000km (27350 miles) only 3500 quid?

Maybe I should move to the UK.

In Australian dollars I thought this car was well priced, it's just been reduced from $23500 which was a bit ridiculous.

On a side note, when does the cam belt normally get replaced? 60000km? Wondering whether the sale is due to the fact a lot of scheduled maintenance is coming up :wow:

Insurance is effing expensive too.

Thanks for the replies btw.

timaire

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ouch, has the cambelt not been replaced??? That needs to be done then, and it'll cost you.... and if it has other standard servicing requirements, then you need to tot up the figures... unless it has full service history (which would not explain why the cambelt has not been replaced....)

BTW, does anyone else think the photo on this post has been photoshopped? It looks alot shinier than the one in the advert.....

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Looks like a Phase 2 with Phase 3 wheels.

I think the 17" teledials look better personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts