Alfa Romeo Forum banner

I am a

• Total voters
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The sound of cats fighting at night is the most irritating noise on earth, even more irritating than being in slow moving traffic next to an ancient motor in dire need of a cambelt change.
But it's quite rare - unlike dogs barking at their own shadows in the night. At least that's the case where I live.

Very occasionally a vixen starts howling in the night. Now that is a difficult sound to ignore!

People who say cats are independant are just covering up for the fact that they're being used by an animal who will go missing for hours on end, and only return when hungry or when the rain starts to fall.
There is much truth in this. It depends on the character of the animal. My sister has two cats. One is seldom to be found, whereas the other is always keeping you company.

My cat (only one now, sadly) has always been keen on human company and always appreciates a little bit of attention. She is very affectionate and is no trouble at all.

Cats are smart, way smarter than those who keep them.
Oh yes. Who goes out to work to pay the bills?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My dad has recently inherited a dog. It is sweet enough, but
a) it slobbers all over you (it's a boxer)
b) it can't be left alone (or it demolishes it's surroundings)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Pyrenian mountain dog (Willow) & two Jack Russells (Mini & Minx).

Keep the cats out of the garden!

·
Registered
183 Posts
We got 5 cats (mum +3 of her litter) and an orphan I took in, all around the 11- 12 year old mark. Mums blind, so stays in as does one of her boys and her daughter, the others go out occasionally.
We also got a four year old Old English Sheepdog (wifes b'day pressie), a 10 month old Shih -tzu x and a 6 month old African grey parrot who was hand reared, so is as daft as a brush.
So, yeah, I love cats, dogs, parrots (oh and we got a pond too)..Place is getting like a zoo..:D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I voted dogs & cats, but in reality I'm a dog, cat, rabbit, guinea pig type of person, we've got quite a zoo of small animals round here.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i quite like cats & dogs but would never have a pet again. far too much like hard work. my mother-in-law organizes her life around her dog & cat and has even declined to go on holiday due to them. total and utter stupidity

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I am a dog person mainly but like cats too once they are friendly and have time to interact with me - only one of our current cats pays me any heed. :rolleyes:

My dogs are a different matter though. Real little Alfaguy fans and follow my every move even getting in the way when I am working on my cars. I could not be without them. :cool:

Bonnie my female dobie likes a spot of fishing.

Nero my male dobie posing like a true roman lion (while he waits for his sister to finish her fish.)

My collie stray that found me walking along a canal and decided to adopt me. ;)

...and my dobies in their youth (Oct 06) at 4 months old.

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
i quite like cats & dogs but would never have a pet again. far too much like hard work. my mother-in-law organizes her life around her dog & cat and has even declined to go on holiday due to them. total and utter stupidity
Unbelievable isn't it? :confused: :rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
Always had cats and dogs at my parents, not very practical in the flat I have now so I am actually considering a getting a rat.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I'm a cat person, although I don't mind dogs.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts