Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a new thermostat for my 2001 X reg 140hp 2.4JTD. Engine code is 839A6000.

Now looking at the eurocarparts website, it shows this as being the one for my car:

VERNET Alfa Romeo | Euro Car Parts UK

Doesn't seem to change even if you change the cars year, part code is always the same.

Now I have seen this on ebay (fortune) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/alfa-romeo-156-2-4-10v-cf3-jtd-genuine-thermostat-/150663296538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23143b761a#ht_500wt_992

It has that extra pipe on the bottom, which mine currently seems to have...

If I look at other ebay listings for my engine code, it shows this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thermostat-Kit-Alfa-156-Sportwagon-2-4-JTD-136-00-06-/200627638394?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb656d07a#ht_2654wt_975
which is the same as the eurocarparts one (scroll down for image)...

Question is, neither of these seem to have that extra bit on the bottom, is this unnecessary, do I just bypass that, or are the images in the listings wrong?

J

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
2001 on an X-reg is either a January or February registered car, so its likely it will be a CF2 engine built sometime in the year 2000, so I'd buy a thermostat for a 2000 model car.

I could confirm with your reg or chassis number, but I reckon that will be correct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put my details into ePER, says its a M4 2400 JTD CF3.

I'd quite like to take advantage of the 25% winter code at Europarts, I can't seem to find one on there for the CF3.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I tried to get a thermostat for my Nov 2001 2.4 JTD from Europarts in June. I gave up after the 3rd wrong one, the price was cheap because they were smaller with fewer pipe outlets. Dunno what they fit!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basically Euro dont have them, and the ebay sellers don't either, meaning its 70 quid for a new one.
Guess i'll be having another bash at pushing that Renault 5 stat into the radiator hose again...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I should have stated earlier mine was a telephone order with registration number given, it wasn't a case of me ordering the wrong bits online.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i told you on your other thread about this :rolleyes:
You did, though after being shown that they are half the price at euro cart parts I figured it was worth checking if it was just the wrong image or they are genuinely the wrong part, which it appears it is so i'm glad I checked.
At least I know where i'm at now. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts