• Snooper

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many options available, and all of them making money out of us...

Which speed camera/radar detector do you have installed in your bella?

You either pay "plod" for the privilege, OR you pay the detector manufacturer for updates for the priviledge........

Do you even have one........????

My bella came fitted witht the GPS and docking station for the Origin B2 detector.
Got one off Ebay for £150, and cost me £50 for a years subscription.
Its saved me numerous times and kept me on 9Points.
SO IMHO well worth it.....

so, Who Has What?????

·
Registered
650 Posts
Whey!!!!

Big thanks AndyG:)

I've an Origin B2. When I got my Bella it was already wired for the LCD Display and GPS.
Had to get the kit off of Ebay for £150.00 and pay £50/year for downloadable updates.
TOTALLY worth all the money, as its saved me from GATSO:mad: & TRUVELO:mad: demons loadsa times :D:D.
Especially round Bournemouth:confused:

Thankfully dont kno how it works with the RADAR:mad: or LASER:mad: guns yet!!

Tried pointing my laser measurer from site, at the detector in the windscreen.......Nothing happend though!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My RA compact picks up all the roadside ones, and the hand held units, and has saved me once or twice!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Bel Target EURO 550. Has paid for itself several times over; especially in Waterford (wee village in Herts with a weekly speed-trap)

Also, fits in nicely next to rear view mirror so doesn't obscure vision and no unsightly trailing cables :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have just started experimenting with Tom Tom 5 and GATSO map thingy, not sure that it beeps loud enough though. My passenger spotter not only screams, but she also swears at me. Not an option with RA I think ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I got caught for speeding the other week by those vans with th black windows in the back. :rant:

This is an interesting thread as I am in the maket for a detector at the mo... :rolleyes:

Please everyone who has a detector give your views on this so we can establish which is the best to date. :p

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my RA compact has the optional radar detector fitted, and this picks up the vans as well as the hand held units. Picks up the fixed positions way before they appear as well.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
GPS Road angel with laser detector. Great for Gatso, Truvelo, SPECS and also those pesky mobile jobbies..... ;)

Saved me from a spell off the road quite a few times now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guyz,
Does anybody have any expirience with Cobra or Whistler radar detectors. Cobra XRS 9700 looks promising and the price is for new one round 200 euros.
Somebody , anybody got an answer :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts