Alfa Romeo Forum banner

On which foot does your footwear go on first?

• Ask me which sock goes on first :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... substitute shoe for slipper, trainer, boot, flip-flop or whatever :p

So which goes on first :confused:

:D

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Right. (Its also the first to be removed - before you ask) ;) ;)

·
Administrator
46,294 Posts
It's weird, but now you ask, I'm not sure. I think it's left. My left contact lens goes in first too. And I think both are discarded left first.

E

·
0 Posts
depends which is the right way up in the morning, slip that on and then kick the other one over :D

Be interested to see if anyone chooses barefoot! I saw a guy walking down Chiswick high road in London barefoot in the summer :confused: Confused me a bit as he was not a tramp quite well dressed and I couldn't imagine it's a very sensible place to walk barefoot.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I've never thought about that.................... But then......... I think I'm normal :rolleyes: :p ;)

On reflection I put on the shoe that I find first..... how fascinating is that....

But when I take them off it's always the left one first...... 'cause I pull it off with my right shoe..... and then reach down for the right one.

Absolutely fascinating
:rolleyes:

;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alfagj said:
But when I take them off it's always the left one first...... 'cause I pull it off with my right shoe..... and then reach down for the right one.
Me too... it's logical ;)

alfagj said:
Absolutely fascinating
:rolleyes:
Thanks, but it wasn't meant to be :confused: ...I'm all inspired today :rolleyes:

:rant:

alfagj said:
On reflection I put on the shoe that I find first..... how fascinating is that....
Not very but...

Do you hide you shoes :confused: Aren't both shoes together :confused:

alfagj said:
I've never thought about that.................... But then......... I think I'm normal :rolleyes: :p ;)

I think I just proved the contrary :lol: :D ;)

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Never really thought about it before, but it's definitely the right one. Don't think I'm obsessive, but even if I get hold of the left one first, it has to wait till the other one's on!!!

Coming off, it's the left one - like everyone else I push it off with my right foot.

This forum certainly gets you thinking about some wierd things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
This poll is unkind to devotees of Jake the Peg diddle diddle de dum :D
Kurzon I wonder whether the chap who was the amputee and drove an auto 75 ( seen at NAD) will reply to this thread.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve20 said:
Kurzon I wonder whether the chap who was the amputee and drove an auto 75 ( seen at NAD) will reply to this thread.
:confused: ... come on now Riddler, I know it might not apply to all :rolleyes:

... but it's just one of those silly polls that might... just might make us wonder ;)

As for Jake :lol: ... believe it or not, I was going to include that as an option but thought it might be over the top of sillyness :D ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts

:evil:

:p

;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I voted "bear-footed" (sic), as I have to admit I don't actually like wearing shoes all that much and will go barefooted whenever I can (although I would draw the line at walking down the High Street with no shoes on).

However, thinking about it I guess I always put my left shoe on first, and my left contact lens, and my left glove - maybe it is a right-handed thing....? :confused:

I hope this is enough info for your profiling purposes, Kurt ;)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Whichever shoe (or glove, or any other 'handed' thing) I pick up first.

Right contact lens first though (that HAS to be controlled though - I have been known to wear the wrong lenses in the wrong eyes for quite a while before I had an eye test to find out why my sight had deteriorated :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
kurzon said:
:confused: ... come on now Riddler, I know it might not apply to all :rolleyes:

... but it's just one of those silly polls that might... just might make us wonder ;)

As for Jake :lol: ... believe it or not, I was going to include that as an option but thought it might be over the top of sillyness :D ;)
Kurzon we love you for your silliness :p ;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Fraser said:
Whichever shoe (or glove, or any other 'handed' thing) I pick up first.

Right contact lens first though (that HAS to be controlled though - I have been known to wear the wrong lenses in the wrong eyes for quite a while before I had an eye test to find out why my sight had deteriorated :rolleyes: )
This lens problem is more common than you think I have done it myself. As to putting in the right lens first I think if you use the right hand finger to place the lens in it's more "natural" to start with the right eye as it's nearer....I think

1 - 16 of 16 Posts