Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right sorry if this has been done before.

My N95 contract is due to expire and as I have a company phone I will now need a sat nav.

I have been looking at a Sony NV-u92T or Becker 7827.

Anybody had any experience of these units or got any other recomendations - must have Europe on the system though.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sean

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just got the tom tom 530 go. I did get the cheaper one but changed it for this. It has voice recognition so you can do your routes whilst driving just by speaking to it. Also the main reason i got this one was because it had lane directions. So when you are on the motorway it will show you a picture of the motorway and which lane you should be in. Also you can change the maps and make corrections on them and do a route from one place to another and not just from where you are which a lot of sat navs can only do.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The TomTom ONE series is the best and most stylish option. Do without the hands-free options as they are rubbish. :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Garmin Nuvi. Cheap, well specified, up to date maps, cheap speed cams etc. Really neat little unit (nuvi 310 series).

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
TomTom one europe or TomTom oneXL (widescreen) europe i'd say...

I like the garmins and their maps are top notch but unless you go for the higher end ones you don't get the option of itinerary planning.

The itinerary planning is one of the TomTom's best feature''s especially if you are planning a big trip or a run as you can just plot all your destinations in as waypoints and then it'll tell exactly the distance of the whole trip and you can customise it to take different roads.

I'll give you a demo next week :thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I have the Tomtom One XL Europe..

Great interface, good signal strength...

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I just think the Go series and XL versions are too unwieldly. They look like you have a TV on your dashboard. The ONE series is nice and compact.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I went for the Tom Tom Eurpoe XL with traffic updates - only had it a week seems ok; but a bit dissapointed as it cant find my address which is not a good start; also the roads in Bury have recently been reconfigured to allow for town centre expansion so it is not upto date, so in the future if i want to update i'll need to buy the new maps.

Has i/d speed cameras even ones on the other side of the road which are not a ''danger'' but to be fair it does not purport to be a dedicated ''speed trap'' finder.

Updates very quickly when you dont follow ''its'' instructions all in all seems to be a good package.

The higher spec Tom Toms have bluetooth, MP3 player and all sorts of whistles and bells that in my view are overpriced and many people have this facilities in more dedicated devices which are better specced, well I have anyway.;)

Cheers:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts