Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Detailing lounge

This is new territory for me. I'm a regular in the 916/GTV lounge and I'm getting my twinny project back from the body shop at the end of next week.
I've been lucky enough to be able to have a full re-spray in "Lotus Ice White" It's a pearlescent white and lacquered.

Question is, how do I take care of it? I usually take my cars down the road to the local Handwash, run like most by some Romanians and Angolans. They do the most fantastic job and for £15 do the inside, windows the lot!!
However I'm not sure this is the best way to take care of my newly painted GTV. I have used Autoglym products for the past 15years or so, and always been happy with the results. Thing is, I've noticed so many new brands in Halfrauds that I don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend a range of cleaning products that will protect and shine my new paint?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Get yourself on detailingworld.co.uk lots of info on there. Here is a few good articles.

Basic washing:

Good Washing Technique - Detailing World

Safe Washing And Drying | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

Polishing:

Working methids for different polishes - Detailing World

What Does Polishing Do? | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

Waxes:

Detailing World - View Single Post - Which Wax - By Paint Colour

Choosing Paint Protection | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

I have recently started using a brand called Auto Finesse, every one of there products is great and easy to use. Their website is http://www.autofinesse.co.uk

I get all my products online, Polishedbliss.co.uk seems to be very reasonable, however cleanyourcar.co.uk is also very good.

As mentioned above have a look at the forums on detailing world, lots of experienced people on there to offer advice and some great articles. But my advice would be to adopt the 'two bucket method', apply a good polish and most importantly a good wax to protect the paintwork.

Dan

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
+1 on all of the above, loads of good tips and techniques to help keep your paint as good as possible.

As for which products, everyone likes different ones but at the end of the day they all do a similar job and a lot is down to price and ease of use, I tend not to stick with one manufacturers stuff and use different ones as I have found them to be good and reasonably priced.

Just for your info I use a mixture of AutoGlym, Meguiars and Chemical guys stuff, mainly as the first two are available from Halfords which is 200 yards away and I have found some of the Chemical guys stuff to give really good results and it is a good price, but I normally order off them when I want other bits as well to save on postage.

Just to add think your GTV looks cracking in white, will be watching for some more pics.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just to chip in . . . great advice on those websites. After reading them all, my poison of choice is the Werkstat acrylic kit, which produces great results on Gabbiano blue. It's a sealant rather than a wax but I like the finish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's noting better on white than GTechniq.

Have a look at Silo Seal and C2v3 - both quick and easy to apply/remove and superb durability.

Failing that, take a look at Zaino Z2, Z6 and Z8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts