Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have got my engine light on and have plugged in my laptop in and used FiatESUscan and i have a lambda sensor problem. I rang EB Spares and they have told me that my 2001 V6 has four lambda sensors, neither of which they leep in stock, can anybody tell me from the ECU Scan log which one of the four i should buy?

5: P0130 - Lambda 1 signal above catal.
O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received invalid signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.
6: P1133 - Lambda 1 signal above catal. (deviated)
The Pre-Cat. converter Oxygen sensor signal indicated by the code is incorrect, out of range or missing. This O2 sensor monitors the residual Oxygen in the exhaust, after the HC, CO and NOx eliminating reactions, and enables the ECU verify both the converter and the pre-cat. O2 sensor functions. Depending on system, the sensors may be of the 0-5V or 0-1V type.
Usually, if the system is in good working order there is a small quantity of oxygen in the exhaust and the signal rarely reacts. Mostly, a signal reaction can be seen by e.g. snapping the accelerator quickly several times (strong enrichment).
Before replacing the sensor, check:
- Check the post-cat. O2 sensor signal behavior from the data parameters or with a Multimeter or Oscilloscope: enrich strongly the mixture with repeated throttle snaps
- the exhaust for excessive O2 with an exhaust analyzer
- the exhaust system for leaks between and near the O2 sensors and at the converter to exhaust joints
- Aux. Air system (if present) for leaks or excessive air supply.
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received very low signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.
7: P1172 - Mixture 1 strength (multiplicative)
No help available
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received very high signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Would you like me to alter your thread title or are you looking for a dance partner? ;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually reading it again, it looks like i need sensor 1 on bank 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oxygen Sensors for my 156

Just got my alfa back from the garage, was in for high fuel consumption problem, i was told the oxygen sensors need replacing, 3 in total, just want to check if anyone could help me locate them in the uk, i live in ireland and prices for alfa spares are high

2002 alfa156 1.6

any help appreciated first posting on site, complete novice!

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey, i just had the same reading
READING ERROR CODES:
1: P0150 - O2 Sensor (19)
O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received invalid signal from the sensor. The fault is not detected now, but it is stored in memory. Clear fault codes, and observe for future appearance of the same fault. Dashboard warning light was not activated for this fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts