Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Favorite/Best kind of trout?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Rainbow, very attractive, Brown a bit duller? Tastewise I expect you mean Nev? Only had fresh brown trout, oven baked with butter I think? Guess rainbow tastes similar?:confused:

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Don't know what colour the trout was but....

I literally threw a borrowed line into the Big Thompson river in Colorado and the suicidal fish just threw themselves at us :eek:

Straight into the pan with a bit of butter.... fantastic :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do taste very alike, but a lot of the
rainbow is farmed, so not as tasty IMHO.

:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
If I've told you this before switch off.:): My grandad would catch and eat pike, full o' bones, and had to be soused? in salt water, to rid the river taste. People were pretty daring food wise, in his day.Yuk!:(:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If I've told you this before switch off.:): My grandad would catch and eat pike, full o' bones, and had to be soused? in salt water, to rid the river taste. People were pretty daring food wise, in his day.Yuk!:(:

It wasn't just back in the old days things like that were eaten, my Dad and Brother used to shoot pigeons and we each got one to pluck before Mum roasted them for our tea :D :cool:

Come to think of it, now I count back it WAS about 25 yrs ago :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yonks ago two friends ran a pub by the River in Windsor called "The Old Trout". Its probably changed name now. It was a good pub then, particularly as for me the beer was free:D :D :D

AlfaLincs

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:wow: Bigfoot!!! :mad:

Wash your mouth out at once, dirty boy!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
freshwater fish?
most disguisting thing i could eat. and i didnt!

cmon u got the Atlantic and u eat freshwater fish?

:tut:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
38,450 Posts
Not a big fan of eating trout, but I much prefer to catch brown trout. The reason being they are native to the uk and rainbows are not, they are stocked. Rainbow trout grow about twice as quickly as brown trout, apparently, this is why they are farmed more often.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts