Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which of these mingers is worstest?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
45,074 Posts
It's got to be the gopping big ones. The Clubman or the Countryman. Or is there one called a Paceman or had someone been dicking around with their badges?

The small convertible I can see a point to (as evidenced by considering suggesting one to Mrs Bazza), because is there anything better in the same size and class (or even is there anything at all? Maybe a DS3?)? I guess similar with the hatchback - although I don't think it'd ever be my choice.

·
Administrator
45,074 Posts
I'm going to vote for Countryman based on the crappy bits of plastic which hark back to the horrendous Rover Streetwise.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It's close between the Countryman and Clubman, but the Countryman takes it for being bigger and therefore schitter.

The small ones are OK, so long as you don't remember the BMC originals and the fun you could have in them. (I knew a young lady from Tooting...)

·
Registered
32,787 Posts
The normal 5 door could easily carry Daihatsu badges. The original BMW mini was expensive to build so when they facelifted it they used Giugiaro’s Ital Design in Turin to make it cheaper then the latest is even cheaper.

·
Registered
14,446 Posts
The estate one with an additional door on the wrong side that opens into the traffic.

·
Registered
13,658 Posts
3 door hatch and Clubman are the prettiest. All the other options are ALL awful. disjointed and ugly. Even the convertible looks like a perambulator.
I can't choose out of the convertible, 5 door and Countryman which is actually the worst... I will try though.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The 5 door hatch, by a country(man) mile! Just looks too stretched. If you want a bigger mini go for the Clubman. My BMC still only had 2 doors at the front and 2 to get stuff in and out of the boot!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
I was a passenger in one of the five door estates in Paris; the ride was atrocious (well, it was Paris) as were the noise levels in the car. I hope the Mini wasn’t expensive.

To the question; they’ve never appealed to me :-( all the ‘bright lights! Big wheels! Stripes on the roof! Mini!’ Hoo haa was a bit off putting to me.

·
Registered
32,787 Posts
That central display always reminds me of the control tower scene in airplane where they’re watching drying clothes going round in the screen. I will never forget the “fun” dj people on the Mini stand at Frankfurt 2006 looking like they thought the young people have to be like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts